Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lime Rock sold

https://limerock.com/node/1909

I know Skip's been looking to get out for a while. Hopefully this group can ensure LR's future.

I understand that Skip's not getting any younger and would want to be done with everything that is a pain in the arse about running a racetrack in northeast Connecticut, but I have mixed feelings on this based on Skip's track record of selling properties.
    “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Skip's not getting out completely.

Lime Rock Group, LLC was formed specifically for the acquisition of Lime Rock Park. Skip Barber will remain a significant owner in the new entity and will be an integral part of its Management Committee, as the business continues to leverage Skip’s worldwide reputation in the motorsports industry.

Dicky Riegel, former President & CEO of Airstream, Inc. and COO of Thor Industries, Inc., will serve as Lime Rock Park’s new CEO. “Lime Rock has been one of my favorite places and my home track for over 40 years; the same is true for my partners, Charles and Bill, both of whom consider Lime Rock a home away from home. All of us have deep roots in Connecticut and look forward to being active in the community and working collaboratively with the Town. To now be owners of this iconic and storied brand is a dream come true,” said Mr. Riegel
      BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Skip is 84 years old. He is 22 years gone from the now-defunct namesake school. I don't know how active he would want to be anymore.
        "Thank God for the fortune to be here, to be an American."--Alan Kulwicki, 11/15/92

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X