Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Thought so.
    (Wha's "RWB" tho'...???)

Also, I forgot their first little foray into F1 (Mosport, Watkins Glen; '71).....the (I suppose leased) McLaren was Sunoco blue liveried.
    DONOHUE3.jpg

"Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end....."

jimclark

Comment

RWB = Red/White/Blue
      BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

I wonder what car Porsche is going to use? I bet Dallara

Comment

Originally posted by RS2 View Post
          I wonder what car Porsche is going to use? I bet Dallara
          IIRC, the current betting odds favor Multimatic.

Comment

Penske raced the Matador with Cam2 sponsorship/livery at Riverside (first race) in 1976, then ran Mercurys with Cam2 sponsorship til he quit mid 1977.
            Racing ain't much, but workin's nothing. Richard Tharp

Lying was a no-brainer for me. Robin Miller

"I thought they booed [Danica] because she was being a complete jerk, but then they applauded for A.J. Foyt. Now I'm just confused."

The real world sucks. Ed McCullough

Comment

Originally posted by Jakester View Post
              RWB = Red/White/Blue
              Duuuhhhhh.... Thanks. 'Shoulda' figgered that out.

Just like the Javelins in the T/A previously (and the Team Highball Gremlins In IMSA RS series).........I'm losin' it.........

Edit: And, on an AMC note, didn't Penske/Donohue do a few races with an AMC powered F5000 car?

jimclark

Comment

Originally posted by jimclark View Post

Edit: And, on an AMC note, didn't Penske/Donohue do a few races with an AMC powered F5000 car?
                Yes:
                358b474d274ec2e682da53c3bce48d19.jpg
                Last edited by FormulaFox; 05-13-2021, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Thanks.

Phewwww..........there's still a few of my memory cells working.....

Edit: Aaahhh yes..... A little research and it was the '73 season. Their Traco built AMC/Lola entered the series in race 4 (of 9). 'Finished a high 2nd twice (Qing 2nd in both) in those last 6 races (a 3rd, a 4th, and two 6ths in the others) to finish 3rd in the championship. RIP Mark.
                  Last edited by jimclark; 05-14-2021, 06:48 PM.

jimclark

Comment

IIRC, the current betting odds favor Multimatic.
                    Multimatic -
                    https://racer.com/2021/05/18/audi-po...ssis-supplier/

Round and round they go, no one knows who will win... that's one of the biggest thrills of the sport. <><

Comment

Update - BMW confirmed for LMDh
                      https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3...bmw-lmdh-2023/

So that makes it FOUR CONFIRMED Manufacturers
                      Acura
                      Porsche
                      Audi
                      BMW

I'm going out on a limb and say Cadillac (or some form of GM) will make it FIVE LMDh manufacturers

Comment

Update - BMW confirmed for LMDh
                        https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a3...bmw-lmdh-2023/

So that makes it FOUR CONFIRMED Manufacturers
                        Acura
                        Porsche
                        Audi
                        BMW

I'm going out on a limb and say Cadillac (or some form of GM) will make it FIVE LMDh manufacturers
                        I have seen it posted GM will announce their plans soon. If I were to bet it will be this weekend at Detroit. I do think there will be one or 2 more. Plus privateers from a few of these. I could see 15 cars on the grid with just 5 manufacturers, easy.
                        Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

Comment

Now we can say LMDh is looking to do better than DPi did. But until GM confirms it's program, it's only just barely looking better.

Comment

Originally posted by FormulaFox View Post
                            Now we can say LMDh is looking to do better than DPi did. But until GM confirms it's program, it's only just barely looking better.
                            I think the only question in regards to GM is will it be Chevy or will it be Cadillac? Or could they pull a Porsche/Audi and run both?
                            Skypigeon "If you're not on the bus, don't whine about the direction it's going."

Comment

Originally posted by The Stickman View Post

I think the only question in regards to GM is will it be Chevy or will it be Cadillac? Or could they pull a Porsche/Audi and run both?
                              No way are they running both. The delay in announcing things, however, makes me worry they're considering axing the Prototype program(and the more manufacturers that join the more I can see them being willing to do so since it won't leave IMSA high and dry, so to speak) to focus on the Corvette GT program.

Comment

And, to some extent, the Corvette program depends on what WEC/FIA/ACO end up doing with GTE Pro.
                                IMSA's already committed to GTDPro, but it's almost a given that IMSA will write some sort of temporary deviation that will allow the Corvette GTLM to participate in 2022, though hobbled to match GTD/GT3 while GM develops (if they choose to) a real GT3 Corvette.

I'm still optimistic GM continues the Caddy prototype program.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X