Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT3 Mustang?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by FormulaFox View Post

    EXTREMELY. The MARC II V8s are not even Mustangs - they're pure tube-frame chassis racecars designed to look like Mustangs. They're much closer to Aussie Supercars than actual Mustangs. (IIRC, the car's designer actually worked on the design of the current Supercars chassis)
    Yep. Closer to a Trans Am car (TA1) here in the US (or maybe last gen DTM). Supposedly close to GT3 speed though. An illustration of the MARC II chassis.

    BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by FormulaFox View Post

      EXTREMELY. The MARC II V8s are not even Mustangs - they're pure tube-frame chassis racecars designed to look like Mustangs. They're much closer to Aussie Supercars than actual Mustangs. (IIRC, the car's designer actually worked on the design of the current Supercars chassis)
      How much work would they need to be eligible for TA1 or TA2?
      Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

      INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

      my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by thehairpin View Post

        How much work would they need to be eligible for TA1 or TA2?
        TA1, probably not much. TA2, they'd have to build a whole new car as the chassis MUST be a Howe chassis.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by DaveL View Post
          I don't see where it would be complicated to turn a GT4 Mustang into a GT3. I say what are they waiting for? If you want use the "win on Sunday sell on Monday" creed using the available to everyone Mustang instead of the available to practically no one GT would have been a more logical marketing step.
          Wouldn’t a GT4 to GT3 transformation would be to detune 100hp and remove some aero bits, right?

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by MoparsRule View Post

            Wouldn’t A GT4 to GT3 transformation would be to define 100hp and remove some aero bits, right?
            It's the other way around, but basically yes. A GT3 has more hp and more aero bits for higher speeds.
            The Ayn Rand of Indycar

            No one had to badge the Offy.

            Crapping all over threads since 2000.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by DaveL View Post

              It's the other way around, but basically yes. A GT3 has more hp and more aero bits for higher speeds.
              Yes that’s what I meant! 😂

              Comment


              • #22
                Coming in 2024: https://racer.com/2021/11/10/mustang...oming-in-2024/
                "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by happyscrappy-t View Post
                  Very good to hear!
                  The Ayn Rand of Indycar

                  No one had to badge the Offy.

                  Crapping all over threads since 2000.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Ford will surely wait until the next generation Mustang is launched.

                    Comment

                    Unconfigured Ad Widget

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X