GT3 Mustang?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FormulaFox View Post

EXTREMELY. The MARC II V8s are not even Mustangs - they're pure tube-frame chassis racecars designed to look like Mustangs. They're much closer to Aussie Supercars than actual Mustangs. (IIRC, the car's designer actually worked on the design of the current Supercars chassis)
    Yep. Closer to a Trans Am car (TA1) here in the US (or maybe last gen DTM). Supposedly close to GT3 speed though. An illustration of the MARC II chassis.

BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by FormulaFox View Post

EXTREMELY. The MARC II V8s are not even Mustangs - they're pure tube-frame chassis racecars designed to look like Mustangs. They're much closer to Aussie Supercars than actual Mustangs. (IIRC, the car's designer actually worked on the design of the current Supercars chassis)
      How much work would they need to be eligible for TA1 or TA2?
      Some fans claim one series or another runs "real race cars." What's everybody else running, fake race cars? :confused:

INDYCAR - NOW IZODIER THAN EVER!

my blog ... I'm not a big fat woodchuck, I'm THE big fat woodchuck.

Comment

Originally posted by thehairpin View Post

How much work would they need to be eligible for TA1 or TA2?
        TA1, probably not much. TA2, they'd have to build a whole new car as the chassis MUST be a Howe chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveL View Post
          I don't see where it would be complicated to turn a GT4 Mustang into a GT3. I say what are they waiting for? If you want use the "win on Sunday sell on Monday" creed using the available to everyone Mustang instead of the available to practically no one GT would have been a more logical marketing step.
          Wouldn’t a GT4 to GT3 transformation would be to detune 100hp and remove some aero bits, right?

Comment

Originally posted by MoparsRule View Post

Wouldn’t A GT4 to GT3 transformation would be to define 100hp and remove some aero bits, right?
            It's the other way around, but basically yes. A GT3 has more hp and more aero bits for higher speeds.
            The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveL View Post

It's the other way around, but basically yes. A GT3 has more hp and more aero bits for higher speeds.
              Yes that’s what I meant! 😂

Comment

Coming in 2024: https://racer.com/2021/11/10/mustang...oming-in-2024/
                "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

Originally posted by happyscrappy-t View Post
                  Very good to hear!
                  The Ayn Rand of Indycar

No one had to badge the Offy.

Crapping all over threads since 2000.

Comment

Ford will surely wait until the next generation Mustang is launched.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X