I love the sound of Ferraris in the morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love the sound of Ferraris in the morning

"Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
    ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

For me, the All Time was hearing Dr. Moretti’s 333 SP climb the Esses at WGI!!

MUSIC!! Simply MUSIC!!

Comment

A couple years back I was listening to a Ducati on a dyno, and blew my laptop speakers
        Personal fav ...
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLpqa3nzo2I

Comment

I have been having hearing loss the last few years and then this weekend “blew up” my ear drums. Voices sound like squeaky cartoon characters, sounds are like a half tuned-in AM radio and everything has static and sizzle.
          The sounds of racing vehicles, man, I hope I don’t lose it. Gotta stay away for awhile and rest those drums and hope it isn’t permanent but I am not too optimistic. Vrooom.
          Formula E.

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander_48 View Post
            For me, the All Time was hearing Dr. Moretti’s 333 SP climb the Esses at WGI!!

MUSIC!! Simply MUSIC!!
            If 4 litres of Ferrari in a Dallara/Michelotto turns you on, you shoulda' heard 3 litres in a real Ferrari! Specifically, 312PBs doing the same....or even the 5 litres of the 512s prior to......

More betterer music with zero sound deadening (no decibel restrictions to protect "us" back in the early '70s).......

'Used to hear a 512 winding up when opening this good read about Tony A., http://www.a2zracer.com/ but it ain't working for me (I'm having comp troubles so maybe for you....)

Now, I love Ferrari V-12s, but the Matras....ooooohhh the Matras........
            "Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end....."

jimclark

Comment

I met Tony A2Z at Watkins Glen some years back during a vintage weekend. There was a brief time when they ran up to 3 vintage events during the season. One weekend corresponded with the British GP weekend. In those days the IMRRC would open early on Sunday mornings and a group of us 12 or 14 diehards would gather to watch the F1 races. That year we had 30 or 35 visitors. I sat between Tony and Oscar Koveleski and it was hilarious! Probably didn’t hurt that I am a PRDC member as Oscar had given me a membership card a year or 2 before. They go back a long ways and Tony even drove Oscar’s Can-Am McLaren for a while after Oscar quit driving. Tony was there with there with his title winning F-5000 Eagle, then owned by Doug Magnon. I saw the car again at Magnon’s Riverside International Auto Museum at the beginning of 2014. Sadly that was about a year before Magnon sapped away and the collection of cars owned by he and his father was sold off. I was also present at the IMRRC when they added George Follmer to the Walk of Fame outside of the building. During that time, they called Tony and that was not long before before his death. I’ve been to Tony’s web site, but it has been a while. I just checked the link and it does still work...

Comment

It sounds like a holiday song, lol

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X