Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford v Ferrari

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ford v Ferrari

    I've not seen any other postings so this is a heads up that the movie opens this Friday the 15th.
    "Factually Unfounded Opinion" Rep. Elijah Cummings
    "Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul in this world — and never will." Mark Twain

  • #2
    Here is a free monitor wallpaper, just download to your documents and set as background.
    My photo, no commercial use.

    Comment


    • #3
      Cool. I don't recognize the tarmac....where was it taken?
      "Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end....."

      jimclark

      Comment


      • #4
        Corkscrew

        Comment


        • #5
          Going to see it this weekend.
          "Lead,follow or get the hell out of the way!

          Lee Iacocca

          Comment


          • #6
            I hope they do this flick right and don't screw it up! These guy's were my childhood heros! But then came Bruce, Mark and Peter!

            Comment


            • #7
              Thank you...
              Originally posted by West View Post
              Corkscrew
              Originally posted by turbopanzer View Post
              Going to see it this weekend.
              Oh really? What's happening at 'Seca this weekend, HSR?


              On a seriouser () note, what's that? Le 24 Heures de Monaco?

              ("F vs F" s/b in the Sports Cars, IMSA, WEC, SCCA forum, no? Or is it really "Ford Cosworth vs Ferrari"? )

              "Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end....."

              jimclark

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Eaglenindy View Post
                I hope they do this flick right and don't screw it up!
                Don't get your hopes up. It is.
                Enjoy it for what it is. NOT a documentary.
                "Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end....."

                jimclark

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by jimclark View Post
                  Thank you...


                  Oh really? What's happening at 'Seca this weekend, HSR?


                  On a seriouser () note, what's that? Le 24 Heures de Monaco?

                  ("F vs F" s/b in the Sports Cars, IMSA, WEC, SCCA forum, no? Or is it really "Ford Cosworth vs Ferrari"? )
                  Anything that spells Ferrari is fine for the USGP forum. Sort of like the Simona/Katherine discussion in Indycar.
                  "Factually Unfounded Opinion" Rep. Elijah Cummings
                  "Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul in this world — and never will." Mark Twain

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jimclark View Post
                    Thank you...


                    Oh really? What's happening at 'Seca this weekend, HSR?


                    On a seriouser () note, what's that? Le 24 Heures de Monaco?

                    ("F vs F" s/b in the Sports Cars, IMSA, WEC, SCCA forum, no? Or is it really "Ford Cosworth vs Ferrari"? )
                    It's Ford vs Ferrari. How can that not be worth the price of admission ?
                    "Lead,follow or get the hell out of the way!

                    Lee Iacocca

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It'll get panned here for divulging the winner decades ago.
                      Last edited by fenderless; 11-12-2019, 05:21 PM.
                      "Factually Unfounded Opinion" Rep. Elijah Cummings
                      "Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul in this world — and never will." Mark Twain

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The trailers are not encouraging, IMO, in that they make the movie look almost slapstick. However, sometimes trailers seem to be aimed at the, well, least common denominator. (It could be an excellent movie, but the previews show an unrepresentative series of scenes.) The studio does not have to worry that the serious racing fan will think the movie isn't serious enough; they know we're going anyway. I'm going this weekend.

                        Having said that, I doubt it will top Le Mans, GrandPrix, Winning and (IMO, the best) Rush. It will almost certainly be better than Days of Thunder, and that dreadful stinker Driven.

                        I am only referring to fictional movies above.

                        The documentary Senna is excellent, and I've heard the one about Williams is also.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by fenderless View Post
                          It'll get panned here for divulging the winner decades ago.
                          Fred Lorenzen?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by CouchPilot View Post
                            The trailers are not encouraging, IMO, in that they make the movie look almost slapstick. However, sometimes trailers seem to be aimed at the, well, least common denominator. (It could be an excellent movie, but the previews show an unrepresentative series of scenes.) The studio does not have to worry that the serious racing fan will think the movie isn't serious enough; they know we're going anyway. I'm going this weekend.

                            Having said that, I doubt it will top Le Mans, GrandPrix, Winning and (IMO, the best) Rush. It will almost certainly be better than Days of Thunder, and that dreadful stinker Driven.

                            I am only referring to fictional movies above.

                            The documentary Senna is excellent, and I've heard the one about Williams is also.
                            The Williams documentary was excellent. LeMans,Grand Prix and Winning are standards. They were done well.
                            "Lead,follow or get the hell out of the way!

                            Lee Iacocca

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by fenderless View Post
                              I've not seen any other postings so this is a heads up that the movie opens this Friday the 15th.
                              I've seen it. Having met the man, himself, several times in years past, I had trouble early on with the notion of Matt Damon as Carroll Shelby, primarily from the standpoint of the lack of physical resemblance, but he pulls off the persona. Christian Bale as Ken miles is fantastic. Tracy Letts is really really good in the role of Henry Ford II.

                              It was also good to see Phil Remington getting the attention he deserved and it's cool to see Alex Gurney as his father, Dan.

                              You'll like the movie. Also, check your local listings as many theaters are showing it Thursday evening.
                              Last edited by Spike; 11-12-2019, 09:22 PM.
                              "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X