IMSA DPI 2.0: what kind of hybrid?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMSA DPI 2.0: what kind of hybrid?

It's a given that a hybrid package will be part of DPI 2.0. But it's far from a given what the hybrid package will be.

If IMSA wants Ford and/or BWM in the game, it looks like they will have to go for a higher voltage hybrid package than the originally conceived 48 volt package.
    Note Ford likes the idea of a higher voltage package in the 100 hp range.

https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/i...e-for-dpi-2-0/

Haven't seen GM, Acura or Mazda weighing in, assume they were OK with 48 volt hybrid, but are they OK with the higher voltage hybrid?
    BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

I think the trick is not to fall into the development trap. Would higher voltage do that? I'm not an engineer, just a fan. But you should keep your existing customers happy.

Who knows what Nissan is going to do too with this new formula, or if they even care?

Comment

I doubt the existing manufacturers would have an issue going along with Ford's minimum hybrid power. But much beyond that is another question. IMSA needs to be careful not alienate the three manufacturers they have to appease the demands of two manufacturers who aren't even willing to concretely commit even if they get their way.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoked_Cheddar View Post
        I think the trick is not to fall into the development trap. Would higher voltage do that? I'm not an engineer, just a fan. But you should keep your existing customers happy.

Who knows what Nissan is going to do too with this new formula, or if they even care?
        Nissan does have an advantage in that they are part of Renault and would have access to their F1 technology...

Comment

At this point, Nissan is somewhat of an unknown. Nissan's support of the current single entry is minimal.
          BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Working...
          X