Andretti McLaren GT4 DQ at COTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andretti McLaren GT4 DQ at COTA

After Jarett Andretti and Karl Thomson took first in Am and fourth overall on the team’s debut in the GT4 with the No. 36 McLaren, they were disqualified for being 161 lb underweight.

161 lb!!!! That's more than Jarett weighs.

https://sportscar365.com/sro/gt4-ame...anoz-promoted/
    BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

That's a bunch, for sure. How could they think they'd get away with it? Tho'........

Reminds of the Brumos win at the 2009 Rolex 24 at Daytona.
    David Donohue (Riley/Porsche) celebrated the win at the race his father won 40 years earlier (which, of course was the major hype before the race). The car was found to be "12" pounds underweight. A reliable source team owner in the GT class I got a seat from twice many years ago, with no axe to grind, advised it was truly known to be more like 120.... GARRA knew they'd never get away with leaving the win alone 120 under and they "could" explain away excusing 12, which they did......huh???
    'Doesn't matter 120 lbs. or 1.2 ozs. ....'should have lost it's win; and I've been a Porsche fan since the 917 debuted and a Brumos fan since the Peter Gregg days.

Such is the nature of "the show" pro racing has become....'no longer true sport.
    "Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end....."

jimclark

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X