X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petit Le Mans

Anyone going to Road Atlanta?
    Open the pod bay doors, HAL

I might be going, nothing is set 100% in stone yet.
    Insert something witty here. I don't care.

Comment

Yes, a definite YES. Have airfare, rental car, and hotel if needed in the bank. It appears 45 total entries and a good field of interesting cars to make it all worthwhile. Plan to do some business and a lot of RandR this weekend.

Entry list here:
      http://www.imsaracing.net/2010/event...%20Entries.pdf
      No signature required

Comment

Leaving Tampa late Tuesday afternoon. Will be in line when the gates open at 8:30 Wed. The weather looks like it will be great, mid to upper 70's daytime mid 50's nights. No rain forecast after Monday.

Looks like the entry list is shrinking, I think we are down to 42 now, the Panoz batmobile car ain'ta gonna make it to the grid and I believe I read 2 others had withdrawn. Really looking forward to 4 days of exotic sportscars!

Comment

I wish I could go.
          I wish they would have had that lineup at Laguna Seca....45 cars would be awesome there.
          So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

I had planned on working as a marshall for Petit, unfortunately the real world of work got in the way and I'm on the road again. Dangit.
            BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

That place was completely PACKED!
              No signature required

Comment

Indeed. I love the assualt on all senses. Road Atlanta was stunning yesterday, and the racing was a match for the sights.

Did anyone check out the Lola at the Dyson garage? That thing was ridiculously small. I had no clue.
                "It takes a special level of incompetance to make a schedule this terrible. America is possibly the greatest country in the world overall for tracks. To make a bad schedule in America takes effort. A special kind of effort. A kind of effort that only IndyCar could come up with."

Comment

Originally posted by Automotive View Post
                  That place was completely PACKED!
                  What an amazing weekend!

Glad I made the decision to go to Petit instead of Homestead, I have been to Road Atlanta many times and have never seen a crowd like that. Autoweek is reporting 125,000 and I don't doubt it. There was either a spectator, a tent or an RV on every level (and not so level) square foot of ground surrounding the track.

Great racing, spectacular weather, friendly fans, too much Bourbon and generally the most fun I have had at the races in years. And to top it off I met Murphy the Bear and his designated driver TWK.
                  Last edited by jeffracer; 10-04-2010, 11:19 AM. Reason: kain't spel

Comment

How to Display the American Flag Properly

[/IMG]
                    No signature required

Comment

Originally posted by Automotive View Post
                      [/IMG]
                      Standing at attention

Comment

Anyone else still jones-ing about the race last weekend?

Damn that was sure sensory overload, and this guy is going to plan a motor home vacation at Sebring next spring for sure!
                        No signature required

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X