• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• green green green at Sebring

whooo hoooo!!!!

Jason
    I want chicken I want liver meow mix meow mix please deliver

I was fortunate to have gone to see the 1957 race that was won by Juan Manuel Fangio and Jean Behra in a 4.5 Litre Maserati. It's a shame that the World Class Formula One drivers don't compete anymore in the Sports Car events. Plus, the "new" Sebring track is now quite a bit shorter than the old 5.2 mile track.

Comment

While a bit OT, it's still Sebring.

First World Challenge practice sessions are complete.
      Brandon Davis in a Mustang fastest in GT
      Seth Thomas in a BMW fastes in Touring

GT entries are strong with 28 cars taking times.
      Touring seems to be in a bit of a slump, only 16 cars

edit:
      BOY the IMSA Lites guys really came out of the woodwork for this one, 34 cars took times, and one TBA.

and more edit:
      Peugot fastest in Practice 2, but Fernandez in second.
      Audi, Audi, Penske Porsche and Dyson Porsche right behind.

and yet more edit:
      Star Pro Formula Mazda: 27 cars took practice times.
      Joel Miller fastest, with Tom Gladdis, Alex Ardoin right behind. Keep an eye on Alex A.
      BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Littleman, you are so correct.

My first Sebring was '58.... Moss, Hill, Gendebien, Hawthorne, Fitch, Brooks,Behra......
        Today the race that is most like Sebring in the early days is Datona with all the open wheel and NASCAR guys....
        But it ain't the same.....................
        ZOOOM
        "Doc, just set them fingers sose I can hold the wheel"
        James Hurtubise, June, 1964

Comment

green green green

yay!!!
          I want chicken I want liver meow mix meow mix please deliver

Comment

Nice to see IMSA Lites getting off the ground after an iffy two years. Nice idea, was afraid it might be running out of time.

Star Mazda numbers down slightly, but still decent.

Want to see the Acura teams contend.
            "Thank God for the fortune to be here, to be an American."--Alan Kulwicki, 11/15/92

Comment

IMSA Lites appears to be a bit like the Atlantics of long ago. The formula is the same as the club racers are using, so the local guys can put together some bucks and go play at 'pro event'. If you do well, it gets your name in front of the next level of teams/owners. If not, you still get the personal satisfaction of playing with the 'pros'.

I would guess IMSA lites numbers will vary depending on how many sports racers the SCCA has in the division the IMSA lites races occur in.

Hey, many of the newer C and D Sports Racers are just smaller scale/power versions of the LMP cars (just got motorcycle engines instead).

http://www.stohrcars.com/wf1.php

Comment

Not quite. While IMSA updated the L2 specs to allow tunnels, all three classes (L1, L2 & L3) are spec chassis. L1 is the Elan DP02, which is the current Pro Mazda chassis with a full body. L2 is a West which is the original Stohr DSR. Lee Stohr has continued development and now has a much faster chassis. L3 is the SCCA Enterprises Sports Racer, which is a full bodied version of the FE (nee FSCCA) formula car, a VanDiemen/Elan product. Engines are also specified for each class and must be sealed. None of the Lites cars are really competitive in SCCA Nationals but since CSR & DSR are thin in much of the country, they can win club races.

Originally posted by Jakester
                IMSA Lites appears to be a bit like the Atlantics of long ago. The formula is the same as the club racers are using, so the local guys can put together some bucks and go play at 'pro event'. If you do well, it gets your name in front of the next level of teams/owners. If not, you still get the personal satisfaction of playing with the 'pros'.

I would guess IMSA lites numbers will vary depending on how many sports racers the SCCA has in the division the IMSA lites races occur in.

Hey, many of the newer C and D Sports Racers are just smaller scale/power versions of the LMP cars (just got motorcycle engines instead).

http://www.stohrcars.com/wf1.php
                "I have examined all the known superstitions of the world and I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology."
                Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Beg pardon...thanks for corrections.

Comment

Brandon Davis on pole in World Challenge GT (q session aborted due to Joey Scarallo oiling down most of the front straight.

Joel Miller on Pro Mazda pole.

humor :5th place car is Eric Freiberg of Homer Glen, Illinois, in the #14 World Speed Motorsports/Collision Damage Experts Mazda. For Eric's sake, let's hope that doesn't prove to be prophetic.

Comment

I have a little difficulty feeling sorry for anyone from Homer Glen.

Originally posted by Jakester
                      Brandon Davis on pole in World Challenge GT (q session aborted due to Joey Scarallo oiling down most of the front straight.

Joel Miller on Pro Mazda pole.

humor :5th place car is Eric Freiberg of Homer Glen, Illinois, in the #14 World Speed Motorsports/Collision Damage Experts Mazda. For Eric's sake, let's hope that doesn't prove to be prophetic.
                      "I have examined all the known superstitions of the world and I do not find in our particular superstition of Christianity one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology."
                      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I had the pleasure of being at Sebring for two straight years as the Audi R8 was just beginning its dominance. Great track and atmosphere. Hope to return soon.
                        Motor racing news and commentary:

http://www.ridebuyer.blogspot.com/

Comment

I just spoke with my brother who lives in Satellite Beach, Florida. He had no idea the 12 hour race was tomorrow - nothing - zero, zilch in the papers down there. Of course, it ain't ******, so...............

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X