Any Tips for a 1st Time Indy 500-goer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sweaty Teddy View Post
    As others have mentioned, get there early to enjoy the pageantry. As someone who as always parked in a lot north of the Speedway, I'd also suggest planning to tailgate or otherwise pass the time after the race (we generally go to the Museum) because you're not going anywhere soon.
    It does suck after the race is over. I never have to deal with it but I see it up close. Lots of tired sunburned people going nowhere who just want to get home.

The funny thing is how quickly the area returns to normal after the race. We went out to eat on Crawfordsville Rd around 7pm after the race a few years back and it was just like any other weekend.

Traffic was normal and we walked in and were seated immediately.
    Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by KevMcNJ View Post

It does suck after the race is over. I never have to deal with it but I see it up close. Lots of tired sunburned people going nowhere who just want to get home.

The funny thing is how quickly the area returns to normal after the race. We went out to eat on Crawfordsville Rd around 7pm after the race a few years back and it was just like any other weekend.

Traffic was normal and we walked in and were seated immediately.
      We've been to the Weber Grille downtown and to an Outback on the 465 loop post-race, and while they were busy, neither made us wait too long.
      “America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Sweaty Teddy View Post

We've been to the Weber Grille downtown and to an Outback on the 465 loop post-race, and while they were busy, neither made us wait too long.
        The hot set up is to have all your belongings packed and in your hands with 10 to go and bolt for your car as soon as the winner crosses the line and be first one on the road,

or leave a grill and cornhole boards in your car and have a post race tailgate for a few hours and be the last to leave.

Anything in between and you will probably be staring at the same rear bumper for 60 or 90 minutes unless you've been going for years and have one of the many super secret escape plans.

But since we're talking first timers here they probably wont know any super secret escape routes.

Live like Dave

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X