No announcement yet.

Indy car sponsorship and the legalization of marijiuana

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Randy Lanier as driver coach? Whittington Brothers running the pit crew?
    Counting down to my 32nd Greatest Spectacle in Racing, follow me on twitter @NDCar for photos, trivia and more about the Indianapolis 500.

Autosoft Dealer Management System - Highest rated Automotive DMS 2014, 2015, 2016 by Driving Sales. See what all the buzz is about - www.AutosoftDMS.com

Comment

Maybe not in the US but Canada or Mexico maybe......

Comment

Rizla was just cigarette papers. Now they have the big ones for joints like all the paper companies.

Comment

Here is marijuana legal Colorado, the advertising of the product is HEAVILY regulated and nearly non-existent. Only place I see it is on the Adopt a Road signs and the back of the local "Alternative" paper Westword! So, I wouldn't expect to see the industry doing much advertising unless/until the product becomes nationally legalized.
          We flipped our finger to the King of England
          Stole our country from the Indians
          With god on our side and guns in our hands
          We took it for our own!

Comment

The problem is the audience tends to forget theres a race on....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by step33T View Post
              Here is marijuana legal Colorado, the advertising of the product is HEAVILY regulated and nearly non-existent. Only place I see it is on the Adopt a Road signs and the back of the local "Alternative" paper Westword! So, I wouldn't expect to see the industry doing much advertising unless/until the product becomes nationally legalized.
              Even though it's legal up here now you can't advertise it at all (same as tobacco) so I would imagine that when it becomes legal across the United States (if it ever does) then they would adopt similar stringent rules on advertising.

Comment

There's carcinogens in the smoke, same as w/ tobacco so there would be rules, for sure. Ever since the Commonwealth expanded medical cannabis use to include dry leaf there's been radio advertising for medical marijuana dispensaries here in W. PA. Some righteous medicine for sure.

OT Update- Unlike Colorado's recreational scene there's no edibles available with THC content here simply for kicking back...yet. Both our Governor and Auditor General are salivating over the more than $500M in new (and politically painless) tax dollars. SB350 introduced by PA Senate to legalize.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H.L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by I Love May View Post
                  It better be a full season, cover everything sponsorship because there is no way any other companies would touch it with a ten foot pole. Do you think Honda or Chevrolet or Firestone would want to be associated with something that is illegal in a majority of states?? Nope!! My guess is that the Series would also not allow it either. Horrible idea. Why not a methadone car? An Afghan Poppy growers association car? Not going to happen. Good thought and makes for interesting conversation but that's as far as it will get.
                  But that's just my opinion!

Comment

Sorry to pile on but there's still a lot of misinformation/fear about legal marijuana out there.

EDIT: Here's two views on legalization.

https://calmca.org/

https://norml.org/

Last edited by fenderless; 05-02-2019, 11:15 AM.
                    "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H.L. Mencken

Comment

Originally posted by StandOnIt View Post
                      The Maui Wowie 500
                      Green flag @ 4:20
                      Live like Dave

Comment

Originally posted by senorsoupe View Post

Even though it's legal up here now you can't advertise it at all (same as tobacco) so I would imagine that when it becomes legal across the United States (if it ever does) then they would adopt similar stringent rules on advertising.
                        I saw a huge billboard in Oakland, CA recently.

Comment

Originally posted by fenderless View Post
                          There's carcinogens in the smoke, same as w/ tobacco so there would be rules, for sure. Ever since the Commonwealth expanded medical cannabis use to include dry leaf there's been radio advertising for medical marijuana dispensaries here in W. PA. Some righteous medicine for sure.

OT Update- Unlike Colorado's recreational scene there's no edibles available with THC content here simply for kicking back...yet. Both our Governor and Auditor General are salivating over the more than $500M in new (and politically painless) tax dollars. SB350 introduced by PA Senate to legalize.
                          More tar, no nicotine. OTOH edibles have no health issues, AFAIK.

Comment

Originally posted by neti1 View Post
                            OTOH edibles have no health issues, AFAIK.
                            The biggest issue seems to be first timers not bothering to properly inform themselves of (or just disregarding) proper use instructions, take too high a dose and freak out. Fortunately there is no toxic dose. Edibles are a 6-8 hour trip.

Comment

Originally posted by fenderless View Post

The biggest issue seems to be first timers not bothering to properly inform themselves of (or just disregarding) proper use instructions, take too high a dose and freak out. Fortunately there is no toxic dose.
                              Or at least no toxic dose you could consume without first throwing up from overfilling your stomach .

Edibles are a 6-8 hour trip.
                              Depends on the dosage. In my experience, it varied from 3 to 10 hours (of course, that was ll homemade).

But I did learn the hard way not to overdo "enhanced" brownies after letting a friend (who turned out to have some significant psychological problems) talk me into.attending a high school picnic at which we knew only 2 people (whom I'd known for exactly 1 hour) .

Lying on the ground unable to move or speak while listening to hostile teenagers trash me and my friend was .... interesting.

Comment

Unfortunate that your friend was a douche. Also unfortunate you missed an opportunity to possibly make some new friends.

Comment

Working...
                                X