Indy car sponsorship and the legalization of marijiuana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indy car sponsorship and the legalization of marijiuana

Perhaps this thread belongs in a different category but with the legalization of marijuana in certain states could the manufacturers of Mary Jane sponsor a car, a team, or a race??? Not being flippant here wondering if there is someone with a legal background who could explain.

I do not think pot would fall under the tobacco companies rules but maybe it does ?

How about our resident artist Dansfly design some potential pot liveries?? Be interesting

:,,,,,:
    Maybe the dingo ate your baby!

Comment

I googled. Found this Forbes article
      "He went into a tire barrier, which is certainly the nicest of all the barriers." -Bobby Unser, Denver '90

Comment

Anybody can do anything. It's the consequences of one's actions that should be considered and then the group/individual must recognize that they will be accountable for their action and the consequence of the action.
        ...Always follow the money

Comment

Originally posted by Little Dingo View Post
          :,,,,,:
          Yep.

Just imagining the winner's circle antics with the driver/crew firing up a Big Bambu and blowing shotguns to each other the way beer-sponsored crews quaff and spray each other with their sponsor's product.

Hey, it's legal why not?
          [thought for another forum - Maybe it shouldn't be legal ]
          "Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob." - Federalist 55
          “My first reaction as a race car driver was to jump out of the car and use the Foyt technique of driver development - grab him and pound some sense into him.”
          "Make way. I'm Reaganing."

Comment

Last edited by racer incognito; 11-19-2015, 11:49 AM.

Comment

A photo of a Bambu-sponsored car's engine going ka-blammo would be an instant classic.
              "Factually Unfounded Opinion" Rep. Elijah Cummings
              "Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul in this world — and never will." Mark Twain

Comment

The Cheech & Chong Racing Special........I like it....particularly when the engine goes...(all together now)...."Up in Smoke" !

Comment

Originally posted by turbopanzer View Post
                  The Cheech & Chong Racing Special........I like it....particularly when the engine goes...(all together now)...."Up in Smoke" !
                  "Hey, Man- Am I driving OK?"
                  "I think we're parked, Man"
                  "Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul in this world — and never will." Mark Twain

Comment

Yep, I can definitely see a marijuana powered vehicle in the future. Can you imagine events sponsored by weed where they hand out free samples if you can show you are over 18?

Comment

Why not? Maybe it'll bring Frito-Lay and Hostess as associate sponsors. You could also make the pit fuel tanks look like giant bongs or something, maybe.
                      http://www.honorflight.org/

Comment

Originally posted by RacingPortaJohn View Post
                        Why not? Maybe it'll bring Frito-Lay and Hostess as associate sponsors. You could also make the pit fuel tanks look like giant bongs or something, maybe.
                        I am thinking the tanks are made to look like Twinkies and the teams are given a life time supply of Dorrito's. One does not live on Twinkies alone!!

Comment

The Maui Wowie 500

Comment

Originally posted by So? View Post
                            <snip>
                            Can you imagine events sponsored by weed where they hand out free samples if you can show you are over 18?
                            Can you imagine IMS selling out of tenderloin sammiches? :chuckle:

Comment

It better be a full season, cover everything sponsorship because there is no way any other companies would touch it with a ten foot pole. Do you think Honda or Chevrolet or Firestone would want to be associated with something that is illegal in a majority of states?? Nope!! My guess is that the Series would also not allow it either. Horrible idea. Why not a methadone car? An Afghan Poppy growers association car? Not going to happen. Good thought and makes for interesting conversation but that's as far as it will get.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X