Hey Matt...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Matt...

This whole Cory Kruseman thing blew up here on TF after your report. Is there anything else you can say? Is this a final decision? There seem to be more than a few missing pieces.

Thanks.
    Griz In Indy

Originally posted by Griz:
    <STRONG>This whole Cory Kruseman thing blew up here on TF after your report. Is there anything else you can say? Is this a final decision? There seem to be more than a few missing pieces.

Thanks.</STRONG>
    Matt is unavailable right now so I'll fill in what I know:

At this time there isn't much else to report as far as I know. The IRL confirmed for TSO that Kruseman would not be entered in the final races. They have not released any statement to the fact though and I would be surprised to see them do so.

As far as any missing pieces, we can say that the equipment discussed was updated Dallaras with Chevy engines. This equipment did race after Indy so it isn't out of date junk. It isn't a Penske prepared car either but everyone knew that.

If there is anything more specific you are looking for let us know.

Dan www.tracksideonline.com
    Dan Schlosser
    Go fast, turn left !
    www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
    Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

raced after INDY???

Who the hecks cars are these???

Interesting.

Comment

I'd be interested to know if any entry was filed with the IRL naming Cory as the driver. If the entry was filed, showing that it was indeed a "real" effort and was turned down, that's one thing.

But if no entry was filed, and this is all "verbal speculation" on the part of Cory, Brian, or anyone else, it's a whole different matter.

There are a lot of facts missing here.... probably as many as there are opinions expressed here at TF about what may or may not have happened.

Comment

BINGO
          Get your head out of your past!!!

Comment

This really blew up Thursday while I was at work, so let me add a little.

TSO received a tip Monday that Kruseman had told individuals last weekend that he had gotten the sponsorship deal together to run in the IRL and had arranged for the equipment.

I talked to gofast, who was able to contact Cory and talk to him.

Dan did get that information confirmed - except there was an issue that was keeping him from racing. The issue is that the IRL may not let him - at least the way Dan conveyed it to me there seemed to be a chance that might change.

So there was a TSO update Tuesday that said TSO had first hand information from Cory that he had put a deal together but there may be an issue that would keep him from running.

Thursday morning I got a response from a top official at IMS who I had asked if it was true that Cory had said the IRL was not going to allow him to race. In my message to the IMS official I noted that TSO had already reported that the IRL had concerns about a rookie driver making his first appearance in one of the last two races and impacting the points championship.

The response was that there was truth to that and it was not an easy call.

Now from what I was told, Cory understands the decision .... to a point. That point being he sold the sponsorship based on running in the IRL and felt he did what he was told to do. It is very possible that Cory expressed more frustration to us over the issue than he did to Brian.

I wonder what he thinks about having a tenderloin sized thread here

Comment

btw, regarding the testing miles issue, I do recall Shiggy not being real happy about that, there was no way he could do all of the miles required prior to Indy that year.

One positive though was he did most of those testing miles at Texas and I believe that is one reason he has had some decent runs at Texas.

Comment

"This really blew up Thursday while I was at work, so let me add a little. TSO received a tip Monday that Kruseman had told individuals last weekend that he had gotten the sponsorship deal together to run in the IRL and had arranged for the equipment.

I talked to gofast, who was able to contact Cory and talk to him.

Dan did get that information confirmed - except there was an issue that was keeping him from racing. The issue is that the IRL may not let him - at least the way Dan conveyed it to me there seemed to be a chance that might change.

So there was a TSO update Tuesday that said TSO had first hand information from Cory that he had put a deal together but there may be an issue that would keep him from running.

Thursday morning I got a response from a top official at IMS who I had asked if it was true that Cory had said the IRL was not going to allow him to race. In my message to the IMS official I noted that TSO had already reported that the IRL had concerns about a rookie driver making his first appearance in one of the last two races and impacting the points championship.

The response was that there was truth to that and it was not an easy call.

Now from what I was told, Cory understands the decision .... to a point. That point being he sold the sponsorship based on running in the IRL and felt he did what he was told to do. It is very possible that Cory expressed more frustration to us over the issue than he did to Brian."

1. Was it in fact confirmed that Cory was not going to be allowed to race?

2. Does the comment, "The response was that there was truth to that and it was not an easy call." part of, or all of the confirmation?

3. What does, "It is very possible that Cory expressed more frustration to us over the issue than he did to Brian." mean? Did he say things to TSO that he didn't say to Barnhart? If so, what?

4. How does TSO re-act to the information sf-indy-fan said he got from IMS?

5. Does TSO feel comfortable in the above statement made by Matt? If so, it would seem that not all is forthcoming from all parties involved, especially the IRL.

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan:
                  <STRONG>
                  5. Does TSO feel comfortable in the above statement made by Matt? </STRONG>
                  Matt IS TSO. We always feel comfortable with anything he says.
                  We flipped our finger to the King of England
                  Stole our country from the Indians
                  With god on our side and guns in our hands
                  We took it for our own!

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan:

5. Does TSO feel comfortable in the above statement made by Matt?

I agree with step's answer Howard, it is what you say and how you say it that causes me problems, do you want to enloghten us, or just argue?

Comment

Here's the IRL's perspective (apparently Ron Green has sent this to more than one person):

The "ruling" you are referencing is not true and has taken on a life of its own in the world of the Internet forums.

The Indy Racing League has not told Cory Kruseman that he cannot participate in the last two remaining races of the 2003 season. In fact, the truth is the exact opposite. The League would like to have Kruseman as a full-time competitor. He is a skilled champion.

Brian Barnhart and Kruseman continue to talk (as recent as Thursday afternoon) to make the best use out of the limited funding Kruseman has for the last two races. An Infiniti Pro Series ride or a possible second IRL car with an existing team may be possibilities with the funding that Kruseman has for the last two races.

Both Kruseman and Barnhart have agreed that Cory should not put himself in a situation that will not provide the opportunity to advance his career. If his goal was simply to buy a seat in an uncompetitive car just to start an IRL race, than he has that opportunity. But that's not what a champion open wheel driver should settle for.
                      Griz In Indy

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X