Can we all convince ESPN to do Quals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we all convince ESPN to do Quals?

With the popularity that's showing here, and IRL having record numbers set constantly, quals might be more popular now than last year. Can anybody set up a petition to send to ESPN?
    He kani 'ano 'e loa kela. Ua 'ai nui anei 'oe ma ke kakahiaka?

I'll second that. Following it on the net with no video or audio is a lousy way to go.

Come on ESPN, I'm sure you could at least show it on tape delay in the middle of the night like you did before.
    "The guys on the IRL side went beyond fair. It would have been easy for either side to back out, but this time they wouldn't take 'no' for an answer."..... Jimmy Vasser on the merger.

Comment

Can we all convince ESPN to do Quals?
      Tell your friends to watch the IRL, raise the ratings for the league. Once the popularity starts going up, it will be harder for them not to ba aired.
      Preserving America's oval track tradition:
      1.New Hampshire, 2.Charlotte, 3.Dover, 4.Disney World, 5.Las Vegas, 6.Atlanta, 7.Gateway, 8.Nazereth, 9.Phoenix, 10.Fontana, 11.Pikes Peak, 12.Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by cmjc80:
        <STRONG>

Tell your friends to watch the IRL, raise the ratings for the league. Once the popularity starts going up, it will be harder for them not to ba aired.</STRONG>
        Especially your friends with Nielson boxes attached to them. They are worth gold.

Let's go Racing!!

Comment

I'll sign that petition!

We need qualifications and practice on one of ESPN's networks...even if it is taped delayed & shown Friday night or Saturday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Mears_Fan:
            <STRONG>With the popularity that's showing here, and IRL having record numbers set constantly, quals might be more popular now than last year. Can anybody set up a petition to send to ESPN?</STRONG>
            Any IRL qualifying outside Indy is like watching paint dry. I don't want to see them on TV.

IMHO, It is a waste of TV time for IRL qualifications to be broadcast. The only thing that would be a bigger waste of time than watching IRL qualifications on TV would be developing a petetion to put IRL qualifications on TV.
            "The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

One "petitions" TV programmers by demonstrating viewership, but from what insiders have told us you can also enhance the effect with "buzz".

By that, I mean emailing the network, as well as every other media outlet, with appreciation for what we get, and positive requests for more.
              "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
              ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X