Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defender's favorite backs Pook

<STRONG>
    "A midseason attendance comparison, completed by a third-party company,Joyce Julius & Associates, showed CART attracted substantially morefans to its events than the IRL. CART's average attendance, usually for a three-day event, was 129,789 through the first nine races. The IRL averaged 81,625, typically for a two-day event. Without the Indianapolis 500, the IRL averaged 36,143. CART averaged 79,029 in its six oval races."
    </STRONG>

I've always heard from Defender that the Joyce Julius and Associates report is the bible for information related to ROI in OW racing. I guess he must be right.

Very interesting.
    Sifaka

How can CART have an average attendance number for six oval races when they have only run three so far?

Something fishy there.

Comment

Yes, Sif. It is. And if you are a marketer with a product to sell, and you'd like to sell it exclusively to people within a very narrow demographic who attend race events, and hit mostly the same people who went for all three days, and you were unenlightened enough not to look at the entire picture instead of a carefully crafted set of limited bullet points, then I'd say you'd (or they'd) have some kind of point.

The reality is that the number of television households for the IRL is nearly three times larger, and growing exponentially. Joyce can show you the exposure value of that as well.

NASCAR is the most expensive. The IRL is the best value for the money. The feeder series formerly based in Troy is a vanity spend. A mercy hump, if you will. You'll see what I mean in 2003 if you don't understand.

Comment

sif, anyone who uses three-day numbers is tring to inflate intrest and counting the same people every day. Which fans saw a parade and which saw the most exciting racing in the world?

Comment

Originally posted by indyracer56:
          <STRONG>How can CART have an average attendance number for six oval races when they have only run three so far?

Something fishy there.</STRONG>
          I am no expert, but I really can't believe that CART averaged almost 80k per oval race when two of the three races so far this year were Milwaukee (capacity ~45K) and Chicago (capacity ~67K)I don't debate that CART outdraws the IRL in attendance as a whole, but I just wondered where this study got its numbers when it comes to oval track attendance.

Comment

<STRONG>How can CART have an average attendance number for six oval races when they have only run three so far?

Oops!

Comment

Chris Pook: "We don't care what goes on in the ovals. Just leave us alone."

I've already started.

The place where Pook said some more stuff

Comment

I'm guessing those are last years numbers - and didn't they get a really good crowd at Fontana that's probably skewing the results sorta like Indy skews IRL attendance? Isn't there a rule in statistics that says dump the highest and lowest value and average the rest?
                "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

Sif, care to guess what the TV viewership numbers will look like at the end of the season? If we are comparing track attendance, it's only fair to compare TV numbers.
                  "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

Why would they exclude the Indy 500, it is afterall an IRL event ... interesting ....

Comment

As a fair comparison, because the only IRL races that are counted are the one's held in the United States of America, let's do the same for CART.

Comment

Oh, yeah, well AC Nielsen has this to say:

IRL TV viewers (12 races through Kentucky): 15,404,000 or 1,284,000 per race
                        CART TV viewers (13 races through Montreal): 8,880,000 or 683,000 per race

If you take Indianapolis out of the equation, the IRL still averages 940,636 per race.

Makes the attendance numbers (how reliable are they, anyway?) seem kind of paltry, doesn't it?
                        No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

A show of hands of people who are surprised to hear that Cart attracts more fans on average to their events than the IRL......figured as much.

This isn't news. Cart has very popular road/street events.

It's the eyeballs that are important not just the on site fans. Really the measure should be to add the fans in attendance to those watching at home and then compare.

Comment

Mike Chambers is a HACK. He couldn't get a fact straight if it was pasted to his head.

He probably could not tell you anything about where the CART oval races are even held.
                            Being sued for $2.1 BILLION is a serious problem!!

Comment

Originally posted by tripper:
                              <STRONG>He probably could not tell you anything about where the CART oval races are even held.</STRONG>
                              Is that why the Denver race is being held in a PARKING LOT?

I am going to watch the real race this weekend.

F1 at Spa.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X