Vitor In, Cory Out...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitor In, Cory Out...

"In a great fan friendly move, the IRL shuts the door on short track star Cory Kruseman, while welcoming Vitor and Dan Wheldon to the series. Vitor and Dan may be and probably are excellent drivers with great credentials, but this move to change policy in the middle of the season and push a well known and highly qualified driver like Kruseman toward the Truck series cannot be a very good move for the IRL."

Is this really true...
    "...American open-wheel racing is based around the most famous oval track in the world -- the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. So how in the world does it make sense to center the majority of the IndyCar Series on street courses, road courses and foreign events?..." Terry Blount, ESPN

I think there has always been a rule that Brian and the IRL can make a call on whether to allow a driver to race.

People have authority for a reason, and I will trust Brian on this one. If Cory is close to having a real deal together for more than just these two races, he should go forward, and I would like to see the IRL help him out by either giving him an IPS ride (Kelly has cars) and or assisting him in the offseason as respects marketing help.

But making a call on letting a guy drive this late in the year, I think I will respect Brians authority.

Comment

WHy exactly won't they let him race? he seemed to do pretty good in the Kelly cars!!

Comment

Originally posted by ghost:
        <STRONG>"In a great fan friendly move, the IRL shuts the door on short track star Cory Kruseman, while welcoming Vitor and Dan Wheldon to the series. Vitor and Dan may be and probably are excellent drivers with great credentials, but this move to change policy in the middle of the season and push a well known and highly qualified driver like Kruseman toward the Truck series cannot be a very good move for the IRL."

Is this really true...</STRONG>

Is this quote yours or someone else?? First off Vitor first race was at Kentucky and would have 4 races in the IRL this year. He has raced in other series that are similar to the IRL unlike Cory. Dan has had expereince in traffic with the Cart ladder series and more than Cory cause those were OW cars (not sprints but IRL kind of cars). However Cory never ran in Lights, Atlantics, IPS, or the IRL ever so even though he is qualifed he isn't for the IRL which is different from his sprint and midget cars. We have heard over and over from Sarah how she wished she had more experience in a feeder series or in a IRL type OW car before coming to the IRL. Cory would of said the same thing at his first race if they let him in for the last two races. If the deal would of came into place like it was suppose to for a debut at Kentucky like Vitor. I would think Brian would allowed that since he would have 4 races to get expeience compared to 2 tracks that I believe he has never tested on. This is just my opinion.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X