• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rpm2night

www.jayski.com says the daily show may end at the end of the year. :mad:
    This space for rent.

We get more info here anyway.

Loss of RPM will result in less anger here over show content.
    "Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down." -- Edward Blume

Comment

Yes but for other forms of racing that is the only place to find good info. Plus i like all the marlo and Robin stuff.
      If this is true RPM will be missed at this house!! What will JohnK do host the weekend show hopefully. If they get rid of RPm then they should get rid of the shows for NFL,NHL,MBL, and any other show they do like that!!

here is the actual post at jayski.
      No more RPM 2 Night after this year? hearing that ESPN2's RPM2night's weekday show [6:30pm/et with John Kernan] is gone at the end of the year, but the weekend show will continue.(boooooooooo)(8-29-2002)

Comment

Hey i just realized that the Weekday shows always goes at the end of the season and the weekend shows continue, then the weekday shows starts back up around daytona. maybe thats what they are talkign about but Jayski misunderstood and It will be back in the spring.

Comment

As an open wheel fan i'll miss the open wheel wednesday segment.
          All two minutes of it, And thats stretching it.
          One thing I dont understand is why RPM tonight didnt go after them (NASCAR)for restraint of trade or something to that effect?
          NASCAR carries a big stick and uses it. But imho, they are soon to be falling off their high perch, The cost for the avergae joe has escalated so high the crowds should start to fall soon.

RPMT rip, so be it, it wasnt the first nor will it be the last.
          aXe
          Born Again Race Fan seen at
          www.openwheelracers3.com

Comment

If this is true, what will Defender complain about next year?

Comment

More proof about the 'commitment' of our 'partner' to one of their franchises.

If they could still carry morsels of NASCAR, this would not be an issue.

If ESPN is leaning this way, it's an outrage. With the digital future looming, one of the business plans on which I am working is an Indy Racing niche channel. More later.

Comment

Originally posted by PettyBenson4510:
                <STRONG> Plus i like all the marlo and Robin stuff.
                </STRONG>

I will also miss seeing Marlo (and it has nothing to do with the content of her reports).
                IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

Somebody's going to need to find a new windmill to tilt at.

Comment

When johnk posted the ratings here last year rpm2night was beating both nfl2night and nhl2night. I think. Maybe I'd better check...
                    "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                    ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Originally posted by Defender:
                      <STRONG>More proof about the 'commitment' of our 'partner' to one of their franchises.</STRONG>
                      The IRL has a broadcast partner. It is ABC, not ESPN.
                      "The problem with internet quotes and statistics is that often times, they're wrongfully believed to be real." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

From last year:
                        http://www.trackforum.com/cgi-bin/ul...replyto=000016

Originally posted by johnk:
                        <STRONG>I just did a quick search of our ratings reports from neilsen. in household terms.

irl on abc 2001: 2,135,848 hh
                        cart on abc 2001: 1,177,301 hh

irl on espn 2001: 398,183 hh
                        cart on espn 2001: 428,390 hh

irl on e2 2001: 388,446 hh
                        cart on e2 2001: 301,609 hh

i did not save the breakdowns of each individual race. wish i had now.

also, here's a comparison of rpm2night vs. other shows on espn2 and espn: these are current averages.

sportscenter .66
                        rpm2night .30
                        nfl2night .27
                        nhl2night .21

thank you race fans!!!!

[ November 13, 2001: Message edited by: johnk ]</STRONG>
                        "Each day well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well therefore to this one day for it, and it alone, is life"
                        ~ Sanskrit poem attributed to Kalidasa, "Salutation to the Dawn"

Brian's Wish

Comment

Who owns both?

Hint: They run a Mickey Mouse outfit.

Comment

Very bad news if true. Loss of regular racing related programing is never a good thing.

Comment

Word is that John K will be hosting Muscle beach with Kiana Tom.
                              “I apologize unreservedly. I offer a complete and utter retraction.
                              The imputation was totally without basis in fact, and was in no way fair comment, and was motivated purely by malice. And I deeply regret any distress that my comments may have caused you, or your family.
                              And I hereby undertake not to repeat any such slander at any time, in the future.”

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X