Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leader's Circle program force AJ to run #14 car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leader's Circle program force AJ to run #14 car?

Does the Leader's Circle program force AJ to put someone in the 14 car so that it runs all 15 events. Does AJ risk losing one of the 24 spots if he doesn't run the car?

No, I think not, the car was there and running, that should meet the requirement!

Comment

The leader's circle teams made a commitment to "compete in the entire 15 race schedule" I don't think that means they have to participate in every race. It just means they have to show up, and make a concerted effort.

If there is an injury, or they're not fast enough to make the field, I don't think that would cost them the money, since they tried.

I'd imagine that the IRL Leader's Circle participation rules are similar to the CART franchise participation rules (even if the benefits of the programs are not at all alike)

The CART rules are at: http://www.cart.com/About/RuleBook2001.pdf and basically say that you have to run at least one practice or qualifying session and be within 115% of the fastest times, you must start the race with the intention of running the entire distance (if you qualify) and complete 20% of the laps (if you start).

Teams can get a waiver for one or more of the above requirements from the chief steward for "Verified equipment damage or mechanical failure; safety considerations; disqualification; driver injury; or 'any other reason beyond the reasonable control of the Entrant'"

I can't imagine the IRL having rules that differ too much from those, although they might.

Comment

Originally posted by hotdog1:
        <STRONG>Does the Leader's Circle program force AJ to put someone in the 14 car so that it runs all 15 events. Does AJ risk losing one of the 24 spots if he doesn't run the car?</STRONG>
        I was wondering that same thing because the "Leaders Circle" program was designed to have a
        minimum of 24 cars on the grid for the "Green Flag" I'd like to see the rules/criteria for that. Does anyone know if they're posted somewhere? If not, it's a good question to ask the IRL, as "Enquiring minds want to know"
        But that's just my opinion!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X