Clear All

• Is Coors switching series?

Does anyone know?

No it isn't.
    Griz In Indy

Comment

Is that fact or opinion?

Comment

Not swiching series. Switching cars. IRL Ganassi effort.
        "I now have only good days and great days."

Lance Armstrong...Cancer Survivor and four time champion of the Tour de France.

Comment

Go to Wal-Mart.

Buy a Rand-McNally Atlas for $4.50. Large type, if necessary.

Turn to the page that says 'Colorado.' Find the city map of Denver. Take your thumb, then follow I-70 West. Then look for US6 West. Voila. THERE'S GOLDEN (their headquarters). And it's less than 20 miles away from the parking lot where the race will be.

Do you think that just maybe, with an open wheel parade in the neighborhood, that it might be a tad smart to whoop out a little local support?

Have you ever heard the business acronym 'OTO?' It means 'one time only.'

That's the dealy-o. IMHO.

I read where Coors just bought Carling (further increasing their ownership of Euro-beer), and Coors and AB are the brewers on which to place your money.

[ August 29, 2002: Message edited by: Defender ]

Comment

Don't need large type. I have a magnifying glass!

But thanks for your eloquent explanation.

So the final answer, we don't know. Is that so hard to say?

Comment

I hope not. I've been a silver bullet man since '96 and would hate to change beers again.

Comment

Trackside Online has stated multiple times that Coors Light will remain as the primary sponsor for Hemelgarn next year. If Coors decides to sponsor anything additional in open-wheel, it would likely be an additional Coors car ran by Ganassi in the IRL.

Coor Light is on the sidepods of Dixon's car because CART owns the rights to the advertising for that car and Coors is an associate sponsor of the Denver race. CART probably kicked the sidepod in as additional incentive for them to sponsor the race.
                "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

I'd go with defender's point on this (although more quietly ). Home turf, may as well spend some bucks to get a name on a car.
                  Next question: Where is Pepsi? Aren't they running around the Pepsi centre?
                  Just askin'.
                  ...---...

Comment

What exact part of the business acronym 'OTO' is difficult to comprehend?

Comment

Oh, by the way, for all you 'we're all in the same boat' people...I guess we need to applaud Coors for their long time support of open wheel racing. That's commendable, and we need to hope it continues.

Now, if they'd do something about the watery taste of some of their products, we'd really be getting somewhere.

Comment

I don't think Coors is paying anything for this car. Keep in mind that this is the CART company car that they are paying Chip to run. Chip is leading the points in NASCAR with the Coors Light car.

I think this is a thank you from Chip and pleading from CART to come to their series.

Outlaw

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Noonan:
                          <STRONG>If Coors decides to sponsor anything additional in open-wheel, it would likely be an additional Coors car ran by Ganassi in the IRL.</STRONG>
                          Will they call it Coors Chip Ganassi Racing, or will they still call it Target Chip Ganassi Racing, as they did this weekend despite the fact that the car had Engergizer all over the car??

Blue
                          One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

While I appreciate Coors support of openwheel racing, I'm not a big fan of their product (but neither am I a Bud or Miller fan either).

Down here in TX, we know what Coors Lite and making love in a canoe have in common....

They're both f***ing close to water.
                            BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueStang:
                              <STRONG>
                              Will they call it Coors Chip Ganassi Racing, or will they still call it Target Chip Ganassi Racing, as they did this weekend despite the fact that the car had Engergizer all over the car??

Blue</STRONG>
                              Unless he changes the name of his company, you can be pretty sure it will remain TCGR.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X