OT - Root for Miss Rhode Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - Root for Miss Rhode Island

Overheard my wife watching the Miss Teen USA pageant. One of the 10 semi-finalists, Miss Rhode Island (not her real name) is an Indy Racing fan!
    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

she isnt bad either!!!!!!!!
    did she say it when they had the discussion part i stopped watching after the swimsuits lol!

[ August 28, 2002: Message edited by: AlJRFAN ]

Comment

This from a state which, officially has no race tracks.

Comment

I find such contests absolutely deplorable and degrading to young women!

[ August 28, 2002: Message edited by: manson ]
        Dave Steele Rocks!!!

Comment

u sure it was your wife watching it

hey he's human too.

what did she say about the IRL?
          It's a brand new day.

Comment

It was in the beginning -- Parade of States or something like that. I stayed until they introduced the hosts: some woman/girl I'd never heard of and a guy with a mohawk from n'sync. You guys, tell me who won! I'll be looking for a special report from Mr. "Defender of Women's Rights" Manson!
            "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Originally posted by rev-ed:
              <STRONG>One of the 10 semi-finalists, Miss Rhode Island (not her real name) is an Indy Racing fan! </STRONG>
              I thought that was what they said! Thought that it was just wishful thinking on my part. Now I'll just have to suffer through the rest of the show to see how big of a fan she is and see if she mentions it again!

"But not all of them, Jean-Pierre. There are some who come for that, for the accidents and the fires. But the others...
              the others ride with you all. You put something in their lives they can't put there themselves."
              -- Louise Frederickson in Grand Prix

Comment

She'll probably get up there and talk about the great "Indycar race" she saw in Canada.
                Dave Steele Rocks!!!

Comment

Wrong Danny,,,Rhode Island has the Barnyard Speedway.

Who would want to be Miss I DA HO,,,

Comment

hehehe...he said 'root'
                    "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

why do these kids think stocking caps in the summer are cool?

don't they get how they started?

heroin addicts like kurt cobain.

so unless you are shivering from herion withdrawal

LOSE THE STUPID STOCKING HAT.

and the baggy shoplifting pants too...

MKAY?
                      It's a brand new day.

Comment

the swimsuit portion of this competition had me thinking impure thoughts.

... since this topic was started by the good rev, just thought a little confession might be appropriate.

Comment

rev, she didn't win, Miss Wisconsin did. Man, is she pretty! This ain't the last pageant that girl will win, that's for dadgum sure.
                          GO DANICA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DannyB:
                            <STRONG>This from a state which, officially has no race tracks.</STRONG>
                            Sad but true.
                            Well they got a headstart and held the very first oval race in the US.
                            Rhode Island - the repository of one after another of the cast out Bay State Puritans (reminiscent of some forums I hear).
                            Great fans and race car owners and drivers evolved out of these heretics.
                            carl s
                            Indio, CA
                            Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Back in the late 40s,they used to draw monster crowds to Lonsdale for the midgets.I've heard figures as high as 70,000.I wasn't there so I can't verify whether that's true.The competition was said to be fierce and featured some of the best drivers in the country.Wish it was still there.
                              Proud to be a complainer.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X