Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite "journalist" answers mail

RM Mail Responses

He insists that the IRL will race at Watkins Glen next year and also said that Haas may have been offered Toyota engines to race in the IRL next year as part of the CdM deal.

The rest of it is basically the usual anti-IRL slant.
    "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Originally posted by Danny Noonan:
    <STRONG>RM Mail Responses

He insists that the IRL will race at Watkins Glen next year and also said that Haas may have been offered Toyota engines to race in the IRL next year as part of the CdM deal.

The rest of it is basically the usual anti-IRL slant.</STRONG>
    Darn I thought it was going to be RW(more commonly know as Racewriter in these parts). I already know his answers though.

BTW - Robin is still wrong about Watkins Glen.

www.tracksideonline.com
    Dan Schlosser
    Go fast, turn left !
    www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
    Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

what a rube.

Is he even relevant anymore?

Comment

Who?
        Have a very blessed day!

Comment

76000 BATTERY LLAMAS FROM "LLAMA-FRESH" FARMS LTD. NEAR PARAGUAY
          Dave Steele Rocks!!!

Comment

h
            "We won a few races here and there, but the magic died the day Helmet melted." - Doc Austin on slotcar champion Michael Shannon

Comment

Robin has a lot of inside scoop, but I'm afraid his "inside scoop" on the Glen is in total error. Look at the 2003 schedule for the IRL, which is complete with TV, and the Glen ain't there. Safety-wise, it would take a bunch of $$$ to get the Glen up to speed. End of story. Sorry, Robin...
              "The lunatic fringes on both sides need to be written off." -- stnky pete

Comment

My petition thread concerning the inflammatory writer who provoked this one has vanished, but if you agree there should be a separate section of TF where we can debate his merits/demerits, feel free to e-mail the powers that be.

That said, so it can be said someone has said it:

"Watkins Glen will be on the sked and maybe IMS as a footnote to the USGP. The new IRL cars will afford fueling out of both sides, so it's a given. As for testing, I think they might have tested here recently but I'm not sure. Those cars would look like Atlantics compared to a Champ Car on a road course. Gee, Tony George has engine leases, franchises, lots of foreign road racers, a race in Japan and now some road courses. Isn't that special?"

* Engine leases have always been part of the IRL; they're just not required like TOS;
                * Ditto for franchises (I think),
                * TG never ruled out a race outside of the U.S. in anything he wrote or said, AND
                * TG never ruled out road courses in the IRL.

Oh yeah--there are NO ROAD COURSES ON THE 2003 SCHEDULE.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread, already in progress.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                "I didn't hear a single comment about airboxes, "carbashians", or how terrible the car looked. I did see dozens and dozens of little kids in awe of the speed and how cool the cars looked. We should learn from our children."
                --Danny Noonan

Comment

Originally posted by gofastturnleft:
                  <STRONG>

Darn I thought it was going to be RW(more commonly know as Racewriter in these parts). I already know his answers though.
                  </STRONG>

IRL = bad
                  Nascar = Great

Center Grove Trojans
                  2008 5A Football State Champs
                  2015 6A Football State Champs
                  2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                  2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse