Off Topic; Rpm tonight and Miller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off Topic; Rpm tonight and Miller

His segment was broken down into two parts, as he put it. "The positive and negative.". If anyone here saw the program, I would like to know what the negative and positive were and if it might relate to the IRL.
    Get your head out of your past!!!

I missed the show as well. What was said?
    IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

Did he mention that the IRL will never turn a wheel? Robin Miller is not a reason for me to watch RPM2Night; quite to the contrary.

Comment

Let me put it this way, Robin had to be primed by John K to give the negative, (yes it was pushesd slightly by the host). And the positve, I am not sure what is positive.

But here you go, Positive is Forsyth will not be able to take CART private or buy. CART will stay public. Negative is that judd, who had the NA engine on the dyno for CART. is suing.

[ August 28, 2002: Message edited by: Grinder-Tank ]

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder-Tank:
          <STRONG>

But here you go, Positive is Forsyth will not be able to take CART private or buy. CART will stay public. </STRONG>

This is positive?
          IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

Robin Wrong said, "I've only posted this 9 different ways" in regard to CdM and the Toyota F1 ride. Thats how people claim hr is accurate, he posts a dozen different way as time goes on and he gets it right. Then he makes it look like JV turned down $50 million to drive in CART next year, horse hockey, JV has a $20 million contract for next year and two more seasons besides, to me it looks like he turned down nothing. Miller was wrong on JV/Forsythe and he has been wrong a couple of other times this week. I will no longer call him Birdboy, from now on he is Robin Wrong.

I will give credit Robin where it is due, it does look like Penske will be going to Dodge next year, you heard it here second.

Comment

Mackie,,,

You going to be a Double Bingo Winner...

Robin Wrong.... LOL

By the way,,, that is spelled over here as:

Robin "Birdnest" Wong....

What a poor excuse for a TV personality...

He,,,make's Bart Simson,,, look like a genius on TV... At least Bart has a little TV presence...

Mark my word's,,, the day is coming... He will be History,,, and remembered only as a dark day,,, in RPM-2-Night's history.... But he will be gone,,, finished,,, history...
              Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

Well the way he sounded tongith, he could have used a pineapple full of rum and then some. I got to hand it to him. He was hired by CART and he does the best he can for them. Pretty lame tonight. Not Robin but keeping it positive. That is why I started the topic, not because I thought of what he said as IT.

Comment

Did you all notice the Honda CART based commercial, that may explain why so much rpm time is devoted to CART. Next year those commercials will be IRL based, will CART get much airtime then?

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie:
                    <STRONG>Did you all notice the Honda CART based commercial, that may explain why so much rpm time is devoted to CART. Next year those commercials will be IRL based, will CART get much airtime then?</STRONG>
                    There has to be some explanation why the feeder series gets more attention than the real thing. F-1 doesn't get nearly as much coverage as cart. Even when K. Wallace was a Busch series driver, cup got more press and the IPS never gets the attention the IRL gets, this extensive cart coverage just doesn't make sense...

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie:
                      Then he makes it look like JV turned down $50 million to drive in CART next year, horse hockey, JV has a $20 million contract for next year and two more seasons besides, to me it looks like he turned down nothing.
                      Villeneuve has one year remaining on his BAR contract.

The 3-year deal for $50M would have had him racing in CART for 2003, and returning to BAR for 2004 and 2005.

Turning down the deal leaves him with the BAR contract that expires after 2003.

GV

Comment

For the record, I believe Jacques made the sensible move from a career standpoint.

As for RPM2Night, any shred of credibility they hope to maintain collectively is shot (which is a shame considering some of the individual professionals they employ) due to their continued refusal to acknowledge the ethical implications involved in employing someone who is also an employee of a series they no longer carry. I have taken a break from viewing the program.

Comment

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Wenesday night Robin Miller target practise.
                          "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X