Just a rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a rant

I'm am sick of hearing Miller and the rest of the CART lackies bring up the season ticket packages as a knock on the IRL. They need to look in the mirror. Yes the IRL sells more tickets because Nascar fans must buy them, but I haven't heard anyone mention that in order to get into one of the drunkfest street parties, you have to buy a CART ticket. CART sells tickets for the party, not the race. The race is simply a side show.

my, my...touchy aren't we.

Guess you haven't been to one of the infield 'drunkfest parties' that NASCAR throws...you have to buy tickets to those too...and to many fans, the race is a sideshow there too.

Do I blame the track owners for coattailing NASCAR with season tickets...nah, not really, I'd probably do the same thing.

Does Cal Speedway do that?
    BAN SHREDDED CHEESE! MAKE AMERICA GRATE AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by flagman:
      Yes the IRL sells more tickets because Nascar fans must buy them......

CART sells tickets for the party, not the race.
      Heh Heh......

Interesting. Didn't know that bit about the party tickets.

Maybe the difference is the NASCAR fans don't show up for the IRL race, whereas the party-goers do show up for the CART race.

Just a thought.

GV

Comment

Here's California Speedway's packet.

The prices are high.

It looks like California Speedway Club Members are the only ones with the opportunity to JUST purchase Winston Cup and CART Sunday tickets only. They do not have to buy other tickets. The can get away with just two races.

Price: $220

They can pick up the other four Sunday ONLY tickets for $50 more.

Which includes the IRL, AMA, Rolex, and Historic. Last year the IRL was $45. So it's $5 for the three additional races if you apply the $45 for the IRL.

Season ticket holders MUST buy All six weekends or All six Sundays. Or lose the season ticket and buy individual tickets.

Depending on where your season ticket is, depends on the price.

$130 for the lowest all Sunday Packet.
        Jumping to $150, $200, $230, $270 as you work up the grandstand.

Starting at $235 for the Ultimate Weekend Package. Fri-Sun

Jumping to $255, $305, $355, $395 as you work up the grandstand.

------------------

Will there be more than 15,000 at the IRL race in Fontana?

[ August 28, 2002: Message edited by: Brickman ]
        Man to Man is so unjust... there's no Man you can Trust.

Comment

I just can't understand how our friends at RPM2Night keep Miller as the open wheel expert, in part responsible for covering the IRL. They wouldn't never let anyone with such obvious disdain cover NASCAR like he does the IRL.

Comment

Miller can talk about it all he wants, but the truth is, those people buying the ticket packages aren't complaining.

[ August 28, 2002: Message edited by: Heath Hamilton ]

[ August 29, 2002: Message edited by: Heath Hamilton ]
            Track Fifedom

Wheldon is a legend now. One of the immortal Gods of Speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath Hamilton:
              <STRONG>Miller can talk about it all he wants, but the truth is, none of those people buying the ticket packages are complaining.</STRONG>
              You obviously don't live in Kansas...
              "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

My grandmother, a "Belle of the Wabash", was somewhat of a sage in Terre Haute.

Sure, she made cookies and sewed together little pillows with pictures of racoons and squirrels on them. But she also had naked ladies on her shower curtains, howled at every full moon, threw great parties, and enjoyed her refreshing barley beverages to the very end of her life.

She outlived one son literally and outlived most of us spiritually.

She would often offer me guidance and advice, words of wisdom to carry me through my youth, allowing me to benefit from her perspective of over four score years of living life to its fullest.

I miss her greatly and, whenever issues such as this come up, I always remember one of the most profound and amazing philosophies she ever shared with me...

"Oh... so what?"

Of course, Howling Mad Manson never imagined the IRL runing on a road course. But, then again, she wouldn't have cared. And even if she did, it wouldn't bother her for long.

So, Robin Miller says the IRL relying on season tickets to get fans in the stands, he says the IRL is going run a road course at Walkins Glen, he says this, he says that?

I say "So what?"

After all, there will always be sprint cars at Lincoln Park.

:mad:

(Sorry, Gramdma... its not working...)

[ August 28, 2002: Message edited by: manson ]
                Dave Steele Rocks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Racewriter:
                  <STRONG>

You obviously don't live in Kansas...</STRONG>
                  Those people are complaining b/c ISC treats them like crap.
                  We flipped our finger to the King of England
                  Stole our country from the Indians
                  With god on our side and guns in our hands
                  We took it for our own!

Comment

Originally posted by step33T:
                    <STRONG>

Those people are complaining b/c ISC treats them like crap.</STRONG>
                    Does that include making them buy tickets to a race they don't have any interest in?
                    DVR . . . . Life is too short to watch commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Roy:
                      <STRONG>

Does that include making them buy tickets to a race they don't have any interest in?</STRONG>
                      Did you go ask 'em, bright boy?

Comment

Not taking sides here, but I think L'Roy has a point. There were a TON of Kansas tickets on Ebay this year. And I called the KS ticket office last year and the lady told me NASCAR fans were looking for a way to unload their obligatory IRL tix.

Lets face it, if I had to buy IROC tix to go the the Indy 500 I would... and I wouldn't walk accross the street to see an IROC race, 'specially at Indy.
                        Dave Steele Rocks!!!

Comment

dammit!!! i meant NOT COMPLAINING!!

D'OH....SORRY!
                          Track Fifedom

Wheldon is a legend now. One of the immortal Gods of Speed.

Comment

Originally posted by manson:
                            <STRONG>My grandmother, a "Belle of the Wabash", was somewhat of a sage in Terre Haute.

Sure, she made cookies and sewed together little pillows with pictures of racoons and squirrels on them. But she also had naked ladies on her shower curtains, howled at every full moon, threw great parties, and enjoyed her refreshing barley beverages to the very end of her life.

She outlived one son literally and outlived most of us spiritually.

She would often offer me guidance and advice, words of wisdom to carry me through my youth, allowing me to benefit from her perspective of over four score years of living life to its fullest.

I miss her greatly and, whenever issues such as this come up, I always remember one of the most profound and amazing philosophies she ever shared with me...

"Oh... so what?"

Of course, Howling Mad Manson never imagined the IRL runing on a road course. But, then again, she wouldn't have cared. And even if she did, it wouldn't bother her for long.

So, Robin Miller says the IRL relying on season tickets to get fans in the stands, he says the IRL is going run a road course at Walkins Glen, he says this, he says that?

I say "So what?"

After all, there will always be sprint cars at Lincoln Park.

:mad:

(Sorry, Gramdma... its not working...)

[ August 28, 2002: Message edited by: manson ]</STRONG>
                            Aloha,,,,,,, Buddie,,,,

Well written,,,great story,,,great lesson...

I am not sure if it's appropriate,,, but I hope so...

Grandma,,, you are a Quad-Triple Bingo Award Winner...

What a great story,,,
                            Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

Originally posted by

Fatusone:
                              <STRONG>I just can't understand how our friends at RPM2Night keep Miller as the open wheel expert, in part responsible for covering the IRL. They wouldn't never let anyone with such obvious disdain cover NASCAR like he does the IRL.</STRONG>
                              Aloha Fat's,,,,

I was going to give you a Bingo Award for you post,,, until I read Dave's...

But your's is so good,,, and hit the nail right on the head,,, here's one for you... Now if we could just knock some sense into the mangement at ESPN...

BINGO,,, you win Budddie...

The day's coming Fat's,,, that Day's coming,,, that Robin Wong,,, is going to be history... It's just a matter of time,,, now....
                              Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X