Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do the IRL and Professional Wrestling Have In Common?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do the IRL and Professional Wrestling Have In Common?

Eric Bischoff, the former head of WCW (and a current employee of the WWF er... WWE) is currently working on some TV Shows for the Indy Racing League.
    http://www.wwe.com/news/headlines/1170500?page=2

WWE.com: Any other outside projects that you’re working on?
    Bischoff: Yeah, I have a lot of them actually. I’m working with the Indy Racing League to develop ideas for some shows for them which is exciting since I’m a big race fan and a fan of motorsports in general. I’m working on another network show. The deal has closed but at this point it’s confidential until we mutually release the information, which will probably happen in the next 10 days. It’s on a cable network and it’s very exciting.
    I wonder what that show will be like. Earlier in the interview he says he's working with the creator of Survivor on a "that’s essentially “Enter the Dragon” and “Mortal Combat,”"

Maybe the next time Helio climbs the fence, he'll pose and then leap onto Sam Hornish. (Or in the event of a tie after Texas, the first guy over the fence wins the belt... er championship)

LOL!!!

Incidentally, during the Kansas City press conference to announce the IRL schedule, Tony George, Brian Barnhart, and Ken Ungar all used the phrase "sports entertainment" to describe the IRL. I thought it an incredibly poor choice of words, because of the WWF connection.

This could be good or bad. Bischoff is the guy who brought WCW to the top wrestling show on cable. He's also the guy who started it down to its eventual demise.

[ August 28, 2002: Message edited by: Racewriter ]
    "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

This could be an interesting thread...heck, it already is...

Comment

Good topic. I would love to see Nascar take it one step further and put a boxing ring alongside victory circle. Quit throwing your helmet, let's have these guys put on the gloves and fight after the race. You can pick one driver you are mad at and challange him to a fight.

the ratings would be huge, and could open up some driving opportunities for guys like Jackie Chan and Chuck Norris.

Don't give Jimmy Spencer the finger, give him the one two, next on Fox!!!

Comment

This concerns me somehow. I'm not sure why, but I am definetely concerned.
          We flipped our finger to the King of England
          Stole our country from the Indians
          With god on our side and guns in our hands
          We took it for our own!

Comment

"This concerns me somehow. I'm not sure why, but I am definetely concerned."

Wonder why...

Hey Jim, I thouhght the article talked about the IRL...problems?

Comment

Originally posted by IndyJim:
              <STRONG>
              the ratings would be huge, and could open up some driving opportunities for guys like Jackie Chan and Chuck Norris.

</STRONG>
              Eric Norris, Chuck's son, is a fairly decent competitor in the Winston West series.

But why are you bringing NASCAR into this? Bischoff is working with the IRL, not NASCAR...
              "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

So, who's going to be the Hulk Hogan of the IRL?

Jesse Ventura? Andre the Giant? And all of all those other wrestlers about which I care nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Racewriter:
                  <STRONG>
                  But why are you bringing NASCAR into this? Bischoff is working with the IRL, not NASCAR...</STRONG>

Because the original post mentioned racing and WWF. Nascar is way ahead of anything this guy could dream up.
                  Center Grove Trojans
                  2008 5A Football State Champs
                  2015 6A Football State Champs
                  2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                  2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

"Jesse Ventura? Andre the Giant? And all of all those other wrestlers about which I care nothing. "

Hey, sports entertainment...I vote for Jimmy Kite for Andre's role

Comment

Because WWF and Nascar have a lot more in common!!!

I think Tony Stewart vs. Jeff Gordon will get a 7.1 rating while Laurent Redon vs Jon Herb will struggle to get a 1.0.

But you know what? I have always said let the bean counters figure out ways to get fans in the stands. As long as the racing is as good as its been, i won't complain too much.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBob:
                        <STRONG>
                        Maybe the next time Helio climbs the fence, he'll pose and then leap onto Sam Hornish. </STRONG>
                        Hasn't Kevin Harvick already tried this?
                        Center Grove Trojans
                        2008 5A Football State Champs
                        2015 6A Football State Champs
                        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                        2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector:
                          <STRONG>

Because the original post mentioned racing and WWF. Nascar is way ahead of anything this guy could dream up.</STRONG>

Comment

Other than the rather dubious wrasslin connection, I like this. Eric is a proven winner when it comes to marketing/selling a product! WCW's demise was more a result of TNT's poor management.
                            The important thing in a military operation is victory, not persistence. Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Let us never forget that we were the ones attacked on 9-11 and over 3000 of our people were killed!!!

buckeyedave.blogspot.com

Comment

"Because the original post mentioned racing and WWF. Nascar is way ahead of anything this guy could dream up."

Gee, I don't know...it's already been brought up about Foyt's theatrical abilities...a little touchy I think...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X