Warning, IRL positive follows!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning, IRL positive follows!

Two weeks ago I was in Florida for my daughters college graduation. I went to the old newsstand where I used to buy NSSN and got the latest issue, as well as the previous two. I used to subscribe, but I finally gave up because of poor delivery problems.

In all three there were comments in the Forum section from NASCAR fans, talking about how much better the IRL racing was, good to see.

There was also mention in Chris' column of the Jeff Gordon/Juan Montoya car swap. In that piece it was mentioned that IMS had gone out of their way to quash the rumor of an IRL test on the Indy F1 track. The piece did say that the IPS may run at IMS next year, in a support capacity, at one of the races. Didn't say which one.

I miss my NSSN, I may have to bite the bullet and subscribe again.

Also had breakfast with Doc Austin, he doesn't change much, what you see is what you get. I don't know if I ever met a bigger race fan, we have been friends for years, but it isn't easy. No offence Austin.

Lately NSSN's delivery has been GREAT here in the Denver area. It used to be very sporadic, but nows it's arriving almost every Thursday like clockwork. Haven't had one show up on a Monday in a long time.

I'm not sure how a person can live without their NSSN.
    We flipped our finger to the King of England
    Stole our country from the Indians
    With god on our side and guns in our hands
    We took it for our own!

Comment

My dad still gets NSSN. I delievered it when I was a kid back in the 70's. I would hook up with Chris Economacki ahead of time and he would bring some to the track for me to sell. 35 cents and I kept 18 cents for each one sold. I made some decent money for a kid!

I see my dad about every 2 months now, and he always has in hand a bag with the latest 8 issues since I seen him last. I usually read them all the first nite!

I hope the Nascar fans are enjoying what they see. Their souls can be saved!!!! YES< I DO BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie:
        I don't know if I ever met a bigger race fan, we have been friends for years, but it isn't easy. No offence Austin. [/QB]
        Two peas in a pod?
        "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Originally posted by step33T:
          <STRONG>Lately NSSN's delivery has been GREAT here in the Denver area. It used to be very sporadic, but nows it's arriving almost every Thursday like clockwork. Haven't had one show up on a Monday in a long time.

I'm not sure how a person can live without their NSSN.</STRONG>
          I know step, it is after it gets to Denver that is the problem, they use a mail forwarder there, all the papers from this area of the west are flown in to Denver bulk, then forwarded. How ever long it takes to get to SLC from there, it then goes on one of Carl Malone's trucks for the trip to Wendover. That means Monday at best, as late as Wed. Sometimes it comes AFTER the next issue.

Comment

Originally posted by IndyJim:
            <STRONG>My dad still gets NSSN. I delievered it when I was a kid back in the 70's. I would hook up with Chris Economacki ahead of time and he would bring some to the track for me to sell. 35 cents and I kept 18 cents for each one sold. I made some decent money for a kid!

I see my dad about every 2 months now, and he always has in hand a bag with the latest 8 issues since I seen him last. I usually read them all the first nite!

I hope the Nascar fans are enjoying what they see. Their souls can be saved!!!! YES< I DO BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!</STRONG>
            IndyJim, I used to read about myself in NSSN, usually after I crashed!

Comment

The NSSN and Chris has been very fair and kind to the IRL, and not just lately either!

I'm a 30+ year subscriber to NSSN, and can't do without it. I too had serious delivery problems a couple years back, but it's always in my mailbox on Thursday now!

BTW, Chris was the first to report that Tonya Harding was contemplating a career in NASCAR. Now that's SCARY!!

[ August 28, 2002: Message edited by: PHJIndy ]

[ August 28, 2002: Message edited by: PHJIndy ]
              Have a very blessed day!

Comment

If Tonya Harding goes to NASCAR,I want the crowbar concession.
                Proud to be a complainer.

Comment

Originally posted by slinger:
                  <STRONG>If Tonya Harding goes to NASCAR,I want the crowbar concession. </STRONG>
                  Does Tonya know there's no hubcaps on those cars?

- Hadji

"A lifetime of working in nuclear power plants has given me a healthy green glow; and left me as impotent as a Nevada boxing commissioner."
                  - Mr. Burns, The Simpsons

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X