Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like no more ovals for Jason P.

http://www.canoe.ca/Television/aug27_jason-cp.html

driving on road courses only because you have the idea that they are safe is very dangerous.

Fact: Racing deaths occur on road circuits too.
    All Roads Lead to Indy...

Comment

Originally posted by IndyRob:
      <STRONG>driving on road courses only because you have the idea that they are safe is very dangerous.

Fact: Racing deaths occur on road circuits too.</STRONG>

While I agree, there are generally less solid concrete walls to hit on a natural terrain road course. And the road racing doesn't feature the same endless sustained terminal velocity speeds that oval racings does. now, you can still crash at 200mph on a road course, but that is relativley rare. On ovals, it is almost always at high speed.

Besides, if this gets his family off his back about quitting altogether, I'm ok with it. I'm ok with it anyway,as it's Jason's choice, not ours. I just hope he comes back to the IRL broadcast team as I enjoyed his enthusiastic work there last year.
      "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

BTW, Jason is no longer 32 years old, today is his 33rd birthday!
        Have a very blessed day!

Comment

I agree. If it's what he wants to do, then more power to him. He will be like a friend that moves to another town. He's welcome back anytime....

[ August 28, 2002: Message edited by: ZenMan ]
          "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

I thought his background was more in sport car type racing, so maybe he's just deciding to go back to that.

Comment

Doesn't this really mean that the team didn't think he had a future in the IRL since they were pressing him to quit IPS? If they really though he had talent would they really be encouraging him to quit?

Comment

I wouldn't put too much stock in anything Jason says right now, one way or the other. I think it's likely he's still drugged, and at any rate, he's going to tell folks whatever he needs to tell them to get them off his back.

I'll be very interested to hear what he has to say once he's back up walking around - and perhaps starts thinking "well, that really didn't hurt THAT much..."

I wish him well regardless of what he decides - but if he's really been bitten by the Indy bug, he will be back.
                I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

Originally posted by mario:
                  <STRONG>Doesn't this really mean that the team didn't think he had a future in the IRL since they were pressing him to quit IPS? If they really though he had talent would they really be encouraging him to quit?</STRONG>
                  I thought that was a little odd, too. He had not done that bad up until when he crashed. Maybe the Freinberg (sp?) was convinced to talk to him by his family?

Blue
                  One driver's "fuel strategy" is another driver's "speed up or we will park you!"

Comment

Get better Jason. Sorry to hear that the Indy 500 is not on his goals list anymore. I wish him luck in all of life's endeavors.

Comment

Boy this stinks.
                      I was really hoping to see him in Miami next year.

Too bad his family is foolish to think parades are safer than racing.

Comment

Originally posted by debdrake:
                        I'll be very interested to hear what he has to say once he's back up walking around - and perhaps starts thinking "well, that really didn't hurt THAT much..."
                        [/QB]
                        Oh, he's going to remember how much all this theraphy hurts. And he is going to think about those injuries first thing every morning for a long time. I broke my collar bone and it was eight months before I could get up and not think about it right away.

And he is going to remember the stinging sensation that he had in his chest for awhile from the difibulator paddles. And maybe everytime he shaves, he is going to see the scar from the trake.

Yeah, I think it's going to be along time before he forgets this. Pain is the body's way of reminding you that you, errrrrrr, messed up.

"I wish him well regardless of what he decides - but if he's really been bitten by the Indy bug, he will be back"

No race in the world produces the kinds of stories we get from the Indianapolis 500. If Jason comes back and makes the race, it will just be another of the great stories.
                        "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Originally posted by mario:
                          If they really though he had talent would they really be encouraging him to quit?[/QB]
                          Not necessarily. Maybe they figured that getting zapped by defib paddles twice was enough for anyone.

I sure hope to avoid it.

Comment

Whatever he decides, I hope he's in a car somewhere and he does well. He's definitely one of us.
                            "Thank God for the fortune to be here, to be an American."--Alan Kulwicki, 11/15/92

Comment

"getting zapped by defib paddles twice"

I tried to get clarification as to whether that in fact happened and couldn't (the rumour was once at the scene and once in the helecopter). Do we know for a fact that his heart had to be restarted twice?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X