N-H to the IRL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-H to the IRL?

I read that one of the holdups on da Matta's deal to F1 is N-H getting Toyota IRL engines for the next year.

Also, N-H has not made a decision on which series to run.

[ August 28, 2002: Message edited by: tripper ]
    Being sued for $2.1 BILLION is a serious problem!!

If Newman Haas is in the IRL next year I will eat my hat. Paul Newman is vehemently anti IRL from what I hear and I don't think Carl is very fond of it either.
    "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

Haas hates the IRL with a passion, I would say the Toyota engines might be for Indy only..

That said, with Haas in the IRL camp, it would be a great way to get the IRL to Milwaukee.
      Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

No way NH races in the IRL next year full-time. And I would be absolutely shocked if they run the 500. They are probably the most hardline anti-IRL team there is.
        "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

I agree with all the above posts. He could have had his boys at Indy this year and didn't let em.
          ...---...

Comment

Bond says that Carl is hearing that Forsythe is going to buy CART and take it private and Haas wants out of CART if that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP:
              <STRONG>If Newman Haas is in the IRL next year I will eat my hat. Paul Newman is vehemently anti IRL from what I hear and I don't think Carl is very fond of it either.</STRONG>
              Frank Capua and Carl Henry can just take a flying, errrr, leap. Damatta has won what, six races with the importer's car? Does anyone really believe the rest of the grid can buy an identical car to NH's?

No thanks. the IRL was created, in part, to exclude those sort of influences.

And will someone fill me in on what Hass did while a guest of the speedway that upset the george family so much? I have heard some rumors, but they might only be that.
              "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

I agree that N-H are the most hard line anti IRL owners out there, but...

If cart goes to an all road/street street series, might Carl be interested in keeping his Milwaukee race going?

Comment

Hmm...Scheckter for Milwaukee? I'd do it..

Comment

the Milwalkee track is owned by the state and leased to Hass. He has had very public discussions about bring the IRL there with Tony George. The state has made it clear they expect the track to make money.
                    the man in expensive shoes

Comment

After what they have said and done over the past 6 years I think both N and H would need a ventriloquist at the press conference announcing that they were going to the IRL. That and how would they step over their own dead bodies in the path to the IRL?
                      "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                      "They're criminals"
                      "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

In your dreams, the only way you will see Haas in the IRL is there is no longer a CART and no series evolves from it. As for Newman, he does whatever Mario says, we know what he says.

Comment

It might be a hedge against Cart not being around next year.

Comment

I was surprised to read in AutoWeak that Patrick might move to the IRL.

Could this be as farfetched?
                            Man to Man is so unjust... there's no Man you can Trust.

Comment

"It might be a hedge against Cart not being around next year."

Actually, I'd go a little further and say that if N/H is considering a possible move, they must have good reasons to be concerned that there won't be any Cart next year.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X