Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasy League advice - TF gang, you make the call...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy League advice - TF gang, you make the call...

Firing Scheckter, and can replace him with ONE of the below for the final two races.

Which one will get me the most points, and why? Choose only from the four below.

Redon
    Miera
    Renna
    Boesel

Thanks.
    "Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down." -- Edward Blume

I'd go with Renna.
    "If you don't do it this year, you'll be another year older when you do"

http://davidm.smugmug.com/

Comment

Boesel finishes races.
      No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Dan Wheldon.
        http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mnkywrch:
          <STRONG>Dan Wheldon.</STRONG>
          Did you just reveal your double-secret strategy?
          "Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down." -- Edward Blume

Comment

Renna

Nashville - 10th
            Michigan - 4th
            Kentucky - 7th
            Gateway - engine fire

All top 10's when running at finish.

Comment

Renna...no doubt

Comment

Beechler
                We flipped our finger to the King of England
                Stole our country from the Indians
                With god on our side and guns in our hands
                We took it for our own!

Comment

Originally posted by mattndallas:
                  <STRONG>
                  Did you just reveal your double-secret strategy?</STRONG>
                  Not really, no...

What kills my strategy is the inability to make multiple driver moves.

But manson's practically giving Wheldon away, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by mnkywrch:
                    <STRONG>

Not really, no...

What kills my strategy is the inability to make multiple driver moves.

But manson's practically giving Wheldon away, for sure.</STRONG>
                    All these guys are cheap.

My plan is probably the same as yours, but will take 2 races to execute.

Comment

Originally posted by step33T:
                      <STRONG>Beechler</STRONG>
                      Because of that, I reserve the right to eliminate one of the arse-kickings you owe me. Now one.

I'm sure all of "Beechlerforum" will agree with me.

Comment

Originally posted by mattndallas:
                        <STRONG>Firing Scheckter, and can replace him with ONE of the below for the final two races.

Which one will get me the most points, and why? Choose only from the four below.

Redon
                        Miera
                        Renna
                        Boesel

Thanks.</STRONG>
                        Kurt Warner or Marshall Faulk.

sorry, i do fantasy football, racing & baseball, i tend to get confused. by friday, i'll be down to two. No real loss, though.
                        "We won a few races here and there, but the magic died the day Helmet melted." - Doc Austin on slotcar champion Michael Shannon

Comment

Matt you should PM Fiorantina. I am certain he could provide a name of an Albanian Formula Libra driver that aint afraid of no red water, speaks Italian, and could win Chicago in reverse.
                          "I'm a Rodeo-de-oh-deo-deo-de-Cowboy borderin on the Insane"

"You can lead a horse to water, but you can't lead a hortaculture"

"When The Going Get's Wierd, The Wierd Turn Pro"

Comment

OK I've now officially spent way more time then I should have on this GD fantasy league. But here's the way I see it.

I got killed last week. I replaced Scheckter with Renna while Wrench and, I think, Bird replaced Scheckter with Barron. Renna got 24th and Barron got 3rd so that dumb move cost me 29 points. I was 2 points behind second place Wrench, now I'm 31 points behind Wrench.

It's possible to gain as many as 81 points a race if your team has two drivers that differ from another team***. (109 points if 3 drivers differ.) Realistically, any actual gains will probably be much smaller, see Renna vs Barron above.

I differ from Bird by 2 drivers. I differ from Wrench by 1 driver.

I am going to fire one of my drivers that I have in common with them and try to hire someone not on either of their rosters. That will allow me to differ by 3 and 2 so I can potentially gain 109 points per race on Bird and 81 points per race on Wrench. Also, assuming they don't add the same driver I do.

I was planning to fire Giaffone and hire deFerran but now I think I'll go a different route. p.s. Matt, I'm not planning on hiring any of the drivers on your list of potentials.

***52-5=47 points if you have one driver different from another team. [47 points is the difference between 1st (+laps led) and 25th place.] If your team has two drivers that differ then you can gain 40 - 6 = 34 points for that driver,(2nd - 24th place), + 47 for the first for a total of 81 points per race.

I'm done, I've procrastinated long enough.
                            When I was a kid my favorite relative was Uncle Caveman. After school we'd all go play in his cave, and every once in a while he would eat one of us. It wasn't until later that I found out that Uncle Caveman was a bear.
                            - Jack Handey

Comment

In retrospect, I don't know why Barron wasn't on my roster in the first place...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X