schecter - arrows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• schecter - arrows?

pardon me if someone has already brought this up, but walkinshaw owns arrows.

arrows needs a driver , and money.

any connection here you think?
    It's a brand new day.

Arrows in is enough financial trouble without destroying a car every weekend.
    "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

doc gravel traps don't destroy cars.

I'll bet they were trying to get him into the arrows.

besides, f1 doesn't do much wheel to wheel stuff , or high speed corners.

you know, that 'easy ' oval racing.

It's a brand new day.

Comment

nitro: I believe Niki Lauda's comment was "lazy racing." You got the idea though! BTW, another great racer for whom I lost a lot of respect because of his disrespect for other race drivers.

NOTE: For myself, I don't lose respect for any driver because of what happens on the track (although Tomas has brought me the closest). I'm not qualified to make that judgment because I've never "strapped it on." As for stupid and inane things they might say? Well now, that's another matter altogether!
        "IRL is better at everything except selling themselves." -- Jennifer Floyd Engel, ESPN/103.3 FM

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofan:
          you know, that 'easy ' oval racing.
          Originally posted by SoDak_IndyFan:
          nitro: I believe Niki Lauda's comment was "lazy racing." You got the idea though! BTW, another great racer for whom I lost a lot of respect because of his disrespect for other race drivers.
          Two things....

First, I don't believe Niki's remarks were specifically to oval racing. They were comparing the differences between CART and F1.

Second, he wasn't denigrating drivers. He was comparing the respective disciplines. Things happen faster in a Formula One car. Braking, acceleration, negotiating chicanes, etc...

Niki doesn't particularly have any eloquence in public speaking. He might have said you're "busier" in an F1 car. It requires a young man's reactions. The theme is the same.

Ask him if there's a skill set required to drive ovals and he'd be the first to tell you there certainly was.

From experience, he'd also tell you the modern Formula One car isn't easier to drive than the vintage ones he drove. Different skill sets are required. Apparently some he lost with age.

GV

Comment

You would think, that for the seemingly endless number of Tomas Scheckter threads in the last few days (not to mention all that have come before) that more people here would be able to get the spelling of his name right.
            "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

he may have the support of TWR, but he has a contract with Cheever that he is trying to loophole. Eddie won't let him go for free, What do we know, maybe Eddie hasn't been paying for the carnage, TWR has?

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie:
                <STRONG>he may have the support of TWR, but he has a contract with Cheever that he is trying to loophole. Eddie won't let him go for free, What do we know, maybe Eddie hasn't been paying for the carnage, TWR has?</STRONG>
                Gee, maybe that's why Arrows hasn't payed their engine bill?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandView:
                  <STRONG>

Two things....

First, I don't believe Niki's remarks were specifically to oval racing. They were comparing the differences between CART and F1.

Second, he wasn't denigrating drivers. He was comparing the respective disciplines. Things happen faster in a Formula One car. Braking, acceleration, negotiating chicanes, etc...

Niki doesn't particularly have any eloquence in public speaking. He might have said you're "busier" in an F1 car. It requires a young man's reactions. The theme is the same.

Ask him if there's a skill set required to drive ovals and he'd be the first to tell you there certainly was.

From experience, he'd also tell you the modern Formula One car isn't easier to drive than the vintage ones he drove. Different skill sets are required. Apparently some he lost with age.

GV</STRONG>

His particular issue with US racing is the prevalence of full course yellows. He does not like the idea that you can build a lead and lose it because of a full course yellow.

Comment

It would be cool, only for the fact that he'll race at Indy twice this year! You guys will love that!!!!!!!!

Comment

#1. my comment had nothing to do with niki lauda . I dint know he even said that.
                      it's just a rather common opinion in the road racing world.

#2. I didn't think I was spelling his name right, I just really did'nt care.

#3. niki is right about full course yellows.
                      it isn't fair.
                      It's a brand new day.

Comment

this just in...film at 11
                        www.itv-f1.com/news/news_story/12414

other arrows news also linked in there.
                        "I now have only good days and great days."

Lance Armstrong...Cancer Survivor and four time champion of the Tour de France.

Comment

Time for the TrackForum Quiz.

All have been used on the forum but which of the following is correct?

A. Shecter

B. Sheckter

C. Schekter

D. Shekter

E. Scheckter

F. Schechter

BZZZZZZZTTT

Oh, I'm sorry we're out of time. It was, in fact, a trick question. The correct answer is:

G. Beechler
                          "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X