Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for Denverites (Step, Zen, Defender)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Denverites (Step, Zen, Defender)

I will be heading up for Friday's CART practice. Will be heading north on I-25 from the Springs. Gotta go through T-Rex though. My question is, how bad is the traffic at 8:00AM or so. My goal was to be parked by 8:30 so I can catch the 9:00 Trans Am practice session.

For everyone else, when the three day tabulations come out, I shouldn't really be counted in Friday's total. Just like IRL fans at ISC tracks who have to buy the season ticket package and only end up attending IRL events because they have to, (we all know they shouldn't really be counted because deep down, they didn't really buy an IRL ticket), I'm kinda in the same boat. You see, I didn't really buy a CART ticket -- I got a free pass for Friday's session at a local Texaco station. So since I didn't "Shell" out any dinero for this event, I don't deserve to be counted.

jmart

Originally posted by jmart:
    <STRONG>For everyone else, when the three day tabulations come out, I shouldn't really be counted in Friday's total. Just like IRL fans at ISC tracks who have to buy the season ticket package and only end up attending IRL events because they have to, (we all know they shouldn't really be counted because deep down, they didn't really buy an IRL ticket), I'm kinda in the same boat. You see, I didn't really buy a CART ticket -- I got a free pass for Friday's session at a local Texaco station. So since I didn't "Shell" out any dinero for this event, I don't deserve to be counted.

jmart</STRONG>
    LMAO..jmart

"IRL is better at everything except selling themselves." -- Jennifer Floyd Engel, ESPN/103.3 FM

Comment

Sorry, I'm afraid I can't help you, JM, except to advise you to stay home and watch the US Nationals instead I guess a free ticket is a free ticket. I'm north of Denver, and I haven't had recent cause to pass through T Rex that early in the morning. Enjoy yourself. If you happen to see Pookie, call him a bozo for me.

[ August 27, 2002: Message edited by: ZenMan ]
      "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

Well, my wife's guess is that hour on a Friday morning will be he//.
        "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

If Defender lives in Denver it must be the far east side of Denver.

Center Grove Trojans
          2008 5A Football State Champs
          2015 6A Football State Champs
          2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
          2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

You can put Defender in the "used to" category. GlennH might know something, tho.

Comment

Yeah, Glenn will know for sure!
              But that's just my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by ZenMan:
                <STRONG>You can put Defender in the "used to" category....</STRONG>
                Is that how he ended up in Mass? Got banned everywhere else?
                "I would really like to go to NASCAR. I really enjoy NASCAR and if I could be there in a couple of years that's where I'd want to be." - Jeff Gordon (after testing a Formula Super Vee)

Comment

Will be heading north on I-25 from the Springs. Gotta go through T-Rex though. My question is, how bad is the traffic at 8:00AM or so. My goal was to be parked by 8:30 so I can catch the 9:00 Trans Am practice session.
                  T-Rex is the worst...my suggestion, get up an hour earlier, stop at Starbucks for a triple shot grande latte and you will be ready to make the show!

Comment

Hey jmart,

I'm no expert on driving in downtown Denver as I generally only drive from home to the airport.

I looks like it's not too far off the light rail stop at Coors Field. Going that route would definitely ease the traffic situation.

I've got a bunch of the same freebies (>10--since the guy said he "had thousands--take as many as you want"), and since I'm home this week I was planning on going out for the day on Friday since it's free.

Shoot me an email or pm and let's hook up and go together. I'm about 3 miles from the Mineral Light Rail Station.

Be warned, I'll be decked out in my IRL stuff, so you can either get your butt kicked with me or take pictures of it!

[ August 28, 2002: Message edited by: GlennH ]

http://harm.net
                    http://CampAndBrew.com

Comment

If you have a nose they will count it, and add 10% to it.

Comment

I'm actually going to be there as well, albeit not until Saturday and Sunday (or possibly Friday depending upon the flight, which arrive around 10:30). Heck, I left Denver in the first place partly because of sheer numbers of in-migration, the [email protected] construction standards, the utter haphazard rape of the landscape, unbearable traffic conditions, under the table deals and the Enron-like practices of my former employer, which, coincidentally, was across the street from Qwest. I do, however, still own a couple of houses out there.

I, too, will be proudly wearing all gear IRL. I'll have the Defender offspring with me. They want to go to Elitches, but I haven't heard what that will be like.

Hotels are cheap in the middle of T-Rex, and I'm staying in the Tech Center. The race stuff is all free. With regard to attendance, I would imagine everyone who attends the parade, Elitches, the aquarium, and the taste of Denver will be counted as attendees because of proximity. Then Chris Pook will hold a press conference and flog it like Christ made visit two.

Heck, I'm going to enjoy myself this weekend.

[ August 28, 2002: Message edited by: Defender ]

Comment

Figure at least an hour to get from the Tech Center to downtown, assuming no accidents. It doesn't matter what time you leave, from 6:00am to about 10:00 is uniformly sucky. Traffic from the Springs to Denver at that time is pretty heavy too.

Here's what you should consider doing: take 85 from the Springs, which becomes Santa Fe when you get to Littleton. There is a light rail spur that goes to Mineral and Santa Fe, which you can ride right to the back straight of the track. No parking, no I-25.

The I-25 light rail spur only goes to Broadway, at least until TRex is finished in about ten years.

Originally posted by jmart:
                          <STRONG>I will be heading up for Friday's CART practice. Will be heading north on I-25 from the Springs. Gotta go through T-Rex though. My question is, how bad is the traffic at 8:00AM or so. My goal was to be parked by 8:30 so I can catch the 9:00 Trans Am practice session.

For everyone else, when the three day tabulations come out, I shouldn't really be counted in Friday's total. Just like IRL fans at ISC tracks who have to buy the season ticket package and only end up attending IRL events because they have to, (we all know they shouldn't really be counted because deep down, they didn't really buy an IRL ticket), I'm kinda in the same boat. You see, I didn't really buy a CART ticket -- I got a free pass for Friday's session at a local Texaco station. So since I didn't "Shell" out any dinero for this event, I don't deserve to be counted.

jmart</STRONG>

Comment

Scott (and others)

Thanx for info. Glen, look for a PM.

jmart

Comment

Originally posted by Mackie:
                              <STRONG>If you have a nose they will count it, and add 10% to it.</STRONG>
                              Are you saying that people who attend Cart races have a 10% bigger nose than other fans? At least in the official numbers?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X