The IRL Leads ANOTHER Partner to Profitability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The IRL Leads ANOTHER Partner to Profitability

Nissan announced they would post a record operating profit to the tune of 2.3 BILLION, which is a 48% increase, for their first half ending in September.

They say the only thing that could screw them up is a strengthening of the yen. With the IRL preparing to visit, that's probably inevitable.

If you're not part of the future then get out of the way.

Disclaimer: Defender is not serious when he attributes Nissan's record fiscal performance solely to the IRL.

There were other factors. The IRL didn't hurt. Thanks, Nissan for being a good league partner.

It was more then likely that it was because of the new Altima, the expected "Z" car and the wonderful G35, my next car, as soon as the coupe comes out. Blame it on the IRL if you must.

BTW, two weeks ago in Florida I tested the new Mercury Marauder and the G35 on the same day, the Merc, though having a more powerful V8 is too heavy, the G35 was quicker, handled better and cost $4,000 less. What a great car. The Merc could have been better in all areas and I wouldn't have bought it, it is a Ford car and I am an IRL fan.

Comment

And the Maurader is butt-ugly. nissan all the way!
      "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Be careful, Mackie. Ask your Nissan dealer to give in writing Nissan's 36 month lease residual on that G35.

Nothing's a bargain when it depreciates like a set of flying car keys.

Everyone can speculate all they want, but what a company guarantees it will buy a car back for is the benchmark of realworld value.

Just tryin' to help you out, friend.

Beware the hides of March.

[ August 27, 2002: Message edited by: KnockOff ]
        "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

Originally posted by KnockOff:
          <STRONG>Be careful, Mackie. Ask your Nissan dealer to give in writing Nissan's 36 month lease residual on that G35.

Nothing's a bargain when it depreciates like a set of flying car keys.

Everyone can speculate all they want, but what a company guarantees it will buy a car back for is the benchmark of realworld value.

Just tryin' to help you out, friend.

Beware the hides of March.

[ August 27, 2002: Message edited by: KnockOff ]</STRONG>
          KO, I think you are talking old news here, these new Nissan offerings will change things, although slowly.
          That is the beauty of the Nissan cars, yes it may hurt you at the end, but the public perception that the Nissans are somehow inferior to the Toyotas and Hondas is dead wrong. For that reason, you pay as much as 15% less up front for comparable cars, not just comparable, now sometimes better. Did you see the test between the G35 and a Cadillac and BMW, it wasn't even close, the G35 kicked their butt in ALL areas. Better try one before you knock it, and figure what $4K more costs, over 60 months. That lowers your buy-in and saves on interest. I keep my cars, and take care of them, there is little value left after ten years, but I have gotten all the bang for my buck possible. My present car is a '93 Mazda MX3, still looking good and running great.

Besides, at 61, the Infiniti G35 coupe will be the last new car I need. I'll take my savings up front.

Wanna hear some horror stories, ask most who lease?

I do thank you for your concern, OBTW, I expect that the Merc will have great resale, the last of the breed, much like the Chevy Impala SS was. The dealer says they are selling at sticker, with a waiting list. To bald headed old guys like me, who refuse to grow up. I would buy if it weren't for the G35. Rear wheel drive cars forever!!!!!!

[ August 27, 2002: Message edited by: Mackie ]

Comment

My next selection is narrowing to the G35 or the Audi A4. That decision is pending. I'm still driving all cars in that class prior to a decision.

Comment

The A4 is the most overpriced car going. You'd be better off buying a Passat.

I must agree with the majority of you though. My next sedan is going to be the Altima or the G35 if I can swing it.

Comment

The issue wasn't whether or not to lease, but how quickly a (any) vehicle depreciates. I just wanted you to be careful that the intial cost savings didn't disappear quickly and find yourself owning any car which has taken a dramatic and unreasonable depreciation.

And, to be accurate, the BMW 330 kicks the G35's booty in driving/performance comparisons. It's much cheaper, but is nowhere near the driving performance car of the aged 330.

Good to hear you keep your cars a long time since what you save by not investing in a real sports sedan will go poof in a few short years.

sources:

Realworld seat-of-the-pants testing and
                Road and Track's test of 11 super sedans, July 2002 issue.

BMW won:
                0-60
                0-1/4 mile
                Slalom
                Skidpad
                Braking 60-0
                Braking 80-0
                Fuel Economy

Scoring a subtotal points of:
                195.7 vs 193.8 G35

In the "Subjective Ratings" it thoroughly trounced the G35 earning a class winning 191.4 pts vs the G35's paltry 186.5.

However, the G35 is $5,000 cheaper. After three or four years, that 5G's goes up in smoke.

pooooof

[ August 27, 2002: Message edited by: KnockOff ]
                "You people worry too much. Strive for change. Root for your favorites. Enjoy the racing. Drop the flag." rev-ed, 3/04

Comment

No offense against the Beamer, but my wife would never let me hear the end of it. It would be 'pretentious geek' this and 'pompous a-hole' that. All because she thinks that way about most people who motor about in such cars. Most Mercedes, too. On a side note, is it my imagination or are they becoming more like Chryslers every day?

At least with the Infiniti, the most she thinks is that it's a high end Nissan. She thinks of the Audi as just a German car not in the same league as the Benz or the BMW.

I'm having enough of a problem with the leather interior upon which I am insisting. Dead cows and all of that. She is, like yourself, a PETA-type person. She gets p!ssed when I remind her to look at her feet.

But oh, well.

Comment

Defender, BMW is by far the "greenest" of German builders. And if you have to cowtow to your wife regarding your driver, you have my condolences.

Comment

Good point. But I REALLY need the leather interior. I've earned it.

Comment

Tell your wife the cows providing the leather all died of natural causes.

"Love Animals Don't Eat Them"

Comment

If God didn't intend for us to eat cows, how come he made them out of steaks and hamburgers?

Comment

Originally posted by TrackGoddess:
                            <STRONG>If God didn't intend for us to eat cows, how come he made them out of steaks and hamburgers? </STRONG>
                            That's my man

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X