Who will win the IRL championship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will win the IRL championship?

I know this is the CART board, but the IRL board is flooded with CART threads, people seem more interested in CART than the IRL. Maybe there are some IRL fans on this board....

Well I have to go with Gil De Ferran, he has done it before and I think he can do it again. Hornish will likely be very fast again, but he isnt used to having such close competition down the stretch, well it should be entertaining.

I think the last 2 tracks favor horsepower. And it seems to me that Hornish has that over Penske.
    IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

Originally posted by OutKast:
      <STRONG>I know this is the CART board, but the IRL board is flooded with CART threads, people seem more interested in CART than the IRL. Maybe there are some IRL fans on this board....

Well I have to go with Gil De Ferran, he has done it before and I think he can do it again. Hornish will likely be very fast again, but he isnt used to having such close competition down the stretch, well it should be entertaining.</STRONG>

Gotta disagree with you, Gil has been best all year on the flat tracks and been a bit behind on the horsepower tracks. Hornish is always strong on those and HCN has been quick as well. I just hope it comes down to the last lap at Texas with all 3 battling.

Now Railbird move this back to the IRL board.

Is it May yet ?

Comment

There's a 66% chance that the winner will be driving for the team that won the last two CART championships, who intelligently abandoned that series.
        "Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down." -- Edward Blume

Comment

I had the feeling going into Gateway that if Hornish could stay out of trouble and get a top 5 then he has the best chance at the championship. As for the last 2 races Buddy Rice has a good shot at both and I think that Felipe will be a factor. Hornish to repeat.
          By the time you finish reading this you realize that you have wasted 5 seconds of your life.

Comment

Depends on how "the test" goes this week for Penske.
            "Don't believe the hype!"

Comment

This week Penske tests the latest gear.

Been running the old old stuff all year.

what in the h=ll is this doing here?

a "moving" poem if I ever heard one, ya hear?
              "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

Expect to see all three battling not only for the win but laps led as well. There is great incentive to get in front and stay there. Two points could well decide the championship.

That said, I think we'll see Sam with the big trophy at the end of the year again.
                Griz In Indy

Comment

The final order is the order they are in now, although Giaffone could bump Sam to fourth.
                  Sifaka

Comment

I'm going with Sam. Though any of the 3 will make a FINE champion. Not a rotten apple in the bunch.
                    We flipped our finger to the King of England
                    Stole our country from the Indians
                    With god on our side and guns in our hands
                    We took it for our own!

Comment

If Infiniti's finish at the top, Sam's in trouble. There aren't enough races for him to net enough if Penske finishes right behind him. Sam needs to win a race, or hope Penske finishes at least one of the races 2-3 spots back.

jmart

Comment

Or Panther could put Kenny Brack in a car and point him at the red & white cars at the start...

Comment

Penske will sweep in Chicago with Hornish Jr. finishing in the top 5. Sam with a win in Texas and the title. This is assuming that Penske encounters some bad luck during the "mad dash at Texas". In any case, I will be glued to the set and probably fall off the couch yet again. Can't wait.
                          A quick side note. I'm a OW fan first. I will always have memories of the great racing when CART was king. Time and change are synonymous. The future seems to favor the IRL and I'm along for the ride.

Comment

I can only hope it is the best man, in a clean, fair contest, wheel to wheel and balls to the walls. It can't be any other way in the IRL.
                            "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Unless Penske comes up with more HP with a Chevy II, Hornish will win the championship. A possible problem for Hornish could be if the Infinitis finish ahead of him, and I think an Infiniti will win at least one of the last two races.
                              quote:
                              "It is sad that open-wheel racing has become a buy a ride situation, but it is what it is."

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X