Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheever announcement due Feb 1

http://speedtv.com/pub/articles/raci...L/020123b.html

Something in this article makes me think it's Ward.
    Proud to be a complainer.

Out of the four, Ward is a known quantity.

He's also the least likely to kick Cheever's butt on the track.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ward was picked for that reason...
    http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Cheever has said he wants a young American, but he doesn't really want a rookie?? Running out of options, there, Eddie. . .
      "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

If Cheever and his new Sponsor are looking for extra camera time, and if they truly have the desire to increase the odds of winning...then the team should consider another big selling name, with big talent, "young enough" to drink sports drinks and win races. I am sure Eddie is not concerned about his teammate stealing attention away from him. Bets are that the Driver he picks will be a compliment to himself and someone he knows he can win races with. In addition, I would think he will provide that driver with a top notch ride, as good as his own. A great, well respected leader/team owner like himself, knows to lead by example and to be confident enough to not necessarily have the spotlight all of the time. At the end of the day, whether it be Eddie, or his teammate, if one of them wins, then the whole team wins! Cheever would automatically receive the kudos he deserves for running a well managed winning team. AND he would have an extremely happy Sponsor !!! EC is obviously trying to do all of the above. He is looking at some great options all of whom deserve a good ride. But, I believe there might be a few more available drivers to consider as well. Either way, Best of Luck Eddie!

[ January 24, 2002: Message edited by: motorsportswriter ]

Comment

I don't know, I have a feeling it's gonna be Scheckter(sp?)

Comment

http://www.racingone.com/article.asp?artnum=11855

Reading this article they seem to feel Buddy Rice has the inside track.

Comment

Originally posted by dvs:
              <STRONG>I don't know, I have a feeling it's gonna be Scheckter(sp?)</STRONG>
              I cannot believe this part!

Scheckter, who lost his job at Jaguar after an arrest for solicitation last May,
              Young hot shoe like him should not have to pay for it!
              If the league is not going to shift their stance on the fees I would imagine all of the ovals would start being replaced by "chamber of commerce financially supported" TV infomercials dressed up like a car race for different city centers across the USA.

Comment

Originally posted by motorsportswriter:
                <STRONG>He is looking at some great options all of whom deserve a good ride. But, I believe there might be a few more available drivers to consider as well.[ January 24, 2002: Message edited by: motorsportswriter ]</STRONG>
                good post. my feelings as well.

what available drivers are you referencing at this late juncture?

Comment

Hey, at least Cheever is testing drivers seemingly on talent, not signing them by the sponsorship dollars.

I don't understand why you would go with Rice or Schetler (sp), gauge their talent in 2002 and then sign 'em to a 5 year deal.

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
                  "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

Comment

Originally posted by motorsportswriter:
                    He is looking at some great options all of whom deserve a good ride. But, I believe there might be a few more available drivers to consider as well.[ January 24, 2002: Message edited by: motorsportswriter ]
                    --------------------------------------------
                    dream69

good post. my feelings as well.

what available drivers are you referencing at this late juncture?

response:

Let's just say there out there, available, and he's not looking...or has overlooked.

Comment

I had earlier been tipped that Cheever was likely to pick Rice... and it seemed like Cheever's decision to test Rice again at the TITW was a dead giveaway.

But there's a recent quote from Eddie saying that he wants to "keep Rice in their orbit". Does that imply that he's giving Rice another test to placate him because he's giving the ride to someone else (presumably Ward)?
                      Quit whining. Enjoy the racing.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X