Question for CART fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for CART fans

I heard CART is yet to sign a TV package for Europe. Is this true?

If so, why?

Serious question...not a flame.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Originally posted by Truth Detector:
    <STRONG>I heard CART is yet to sign a TV package for Europe. Is this true?

If so, why?

</STRONG>
    It's the CART way !!!

Seriously, I think even the prior international TV package was signed a couple of weeks prior to the start of the season. Supposedly, that's one of the items on the board's agenda at this week's meetings.
    M.Andretti and J.Vasser ... at 39 and 36, STILL the best American open-wheel has to offer.

Comment

Not sure why, although it is supposedly going to happen soon.

It is probably for the same reason that F1 hasn't signed a TV package for the United States yet.

Comment

Gracias.

Methinks Pook will change this SOP in the future.
        Center Grove Trojans
        2008 5A Football State Champs
        2015 6A Football State Champs
        2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
        2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

"Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

Though I would agree with the sentiment that int'l TV packages are often finalized just before the start of the season, I wonder if the switch in CART's domestic rights is having an impact.

Much of the international broadcasting of US sports comes via the international versions of ESPN and FOX Sports. There is now little reason for ESPN International to show CART.

And I wonder where CART ranks in the hierarchy at FOX Sports. (Getting some added return on the multi-billion dollar investments in NASCAR, NFL/NFL Europe, MLB are probably much more important to the executives.)

Probably CART will announce its broadcast packages within the month and all will be well. But I do wonder if they can overcome the loss of many of their longtime corporate allies.

Comment

I now have Speedvision on Dish Network, and that is all that matters to me.

Comment

Originally posted by bigred:
                <STRONG>T
                Much of the international broadcasting of US sports comes via the international versions of ESPN and FOX Sports. There is now little reason for ESPN International to show CART.

And I wonder where CART ranks in the hierarchy at FOX Sports. (Getting some added return on the multi-billion dollar investments in NASCAR, NFL/NFL Europe, MLB are probably much more important to the executives.)

</STRONG>
                I believe FOX knows the better international investment is CART. No-one outside of North and Central America really cares about MLB. NASCAR doesn't cater to anyone outside the US. And the NFL is still a "niche" sport in Europe, Asia, and Mexico.

The investment in those 3 sports is undoubtedly US targeted.

That stated, ... I still don't understand why international TV deals are done at the last moment.
                M.Andretti and J.Vasser ... at 39 and 36, STILL the best American open-wheel has to offer.

Comment

ESPN International would have the exact same value in CART as it always had. They used the "World Feed" and their own commentators. FOX having domestic rights doesn't change ESPN International's point of view much at all. That said, the last couple of years, CART seems to have been doing the deals country by country, and not bundling all the international coverage together.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X