Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheever open to negotiate.

Indy Star article

Sounds like Eddie is going to try and recoup some of the money that went to pay for the wrecked Dallaras.

Where is this racetrack (mentioned in the article) located? "Gateway Intentional Speedway"
    "But not all of them, Jean-Pierre. There are some who come for that, for the accidents and the fires. But the others...
    the others ride with you all. You put something in their lives they can't put there themselves."
    -- Louise Frederickson in Grand Prix

Seems pretty fair, If you're interested, ask, we'll OK a test and if it works out we'll talk from there. The little Sh*t deserves to be held in limbo like this after what he did. I'm like many here including Cheever who thinks he's got talent but he's unfortunately very immature and his own worst enemy on the track.
    Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

What's even more important in that article is that Indiana U (basketball) is coming to Philadelphia to play Temple this winter (2 hr drive), and will be playing in Denton, TX in 2004 when I move back.
      "Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down." -- Edward Blume

Comment

Nothing personal, no inside stuff revealed, no fingers pointed and nothing confrontational. Just a line in the sand. Once again, well done, Eddie.
        "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Cheever is in "recovery' mode, trying to get back some of the money Tomas cost him. I hope Eddie stands firm, and lets Tomas sit, it will mature him.

Comment

Actually the most interesting part I found was this:

>>>>Scheckter has a contract with TWR, Cheever's technical partner, through the 2003 season.<<<<

This confirms what I had heard since before Michigan.

It was TWR that was keeping Scheckter in a car, not Red Bull -- Red Bull was on board with the switch to Buddy Rice.

Those who believe Red Bull comes with Scheckter are assuming a lot - maybe a new Infiniti engine comes with him but not Red Bull

Comment

Eddie et al paid a ton for Tomas' education. With the exception of one win, that education was both expensive and fruitless. If another team wants to take on Destructo-boy, I hope Eddie can get back a little of that investment.

You just have to wonder, though, what team is going to do that. Tomas' track record is pretty clear. The only team that would be a good match for him would be a team that is perfectly willing to DNF every race and sacrifice a chassis weekly, just to win polls and maybe a race. How many teams out there does that describe?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-OTN:
                <STRONG>Actually the most interesting part I found was this:

>>>>Scheckter has a contract with TWR, Cheever's technical partner, through the 2003 season.<<<<

It was TWR that was keeping Scheckter in a car, not Red Bull -- Red Bull was on board with the switch to Buddy Rice.

Those who believe Red Bull comes with Scheckter are assuming a lot - maybe a new Infiniti engine comes with him but not Red Bull

</STRONG>
                Yes. Anyone who thought Red Bull would have a problem switching TO a driver that already wears a Red Bull helmet obviously could have used a Red Bull to help them think more clearly...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-OTN:
                  <STRONG>Actually the most interesting part I found was this:

</STRONG>

No surprise with Scheckter being contracted to TWR. This was pretty evident when he first tested with Eddie. His name wasn't even initially mentioned with the team and then he tested very late for them.

He did test very well so that made the choice that TWR made for Eddie easier to take. If it was solely Eddie's decision, he would have chosen Rice. He was the guy that Eddie and Red Bull would have preferred. TWR wanted Tomas. Eddie went along with it for obvious reasons but he also did think he was talented and could win races.

I think Eddie's frustrations with Tomas had much more to do with him not being his 1st choice of driver. When the crashes and mistakes started to become more numerous, I think Red Bull became frustrated as well and that is why Rice came on board at Michigan.

In the end, Cheever and Red Bull probably won out. If TWR does get their engine rebadged next year, I wonder how this incident will effect their relationship with Team Cheever.
                  IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

Originally posted by WhirlinGraphics:
                    <STRONG>Where is this racetrack (mentioned in the article) located? "Gateway IntentionalSpeedway"
                    </STRONG>
                    Not too far from Chip Ganassi's Chicago Accidental Speedway...

[ August 27, 2002: Message edited by: Ren Butler ]
                    No weather forecasts are ever guaranteed, even if confidence level is high. Even a 99% probability will miss 1% of the time. That's the best anybody can do when predicting highly complex events.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren Butler:
                      <STRONG>

Not too far from Chip Ganassi's Chicago Accidental Speedway...
                      </STRONG>
                      Is that owned by the same company that owns the Las Vegas Bankrupted Speedway?
                      "But not all of them, Jean-Pierre. There are some who come for that, for the accidents and the fires. But the others...
                      the others ride with you all. You put something in their lives they can't put there themselves."
                      -- Louise Frederickson in Grand Prix

Comment

. If TWR does get their engine rebadged next year, I wonder how this incident will effect their relationship with Team Cheever.

My thoughts all along. Walkinshaw is a b*stard to deal with.

Who knows, Schecktar's contract could have ended up as one of Craig Pollok's aquired debts if the Arrow's sale ever went through.
                        "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X