How much longer for GR at Foyt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much longer for GR at Foyt?

Rumors were strong last week that Ray was getting the axe with Foyt. Linda Conti (who has pretty good contacts) was stunned that Ray held onto his ride at STL. My question is will Greg be in a Foyt car at Chicago?

My suspicion is in the next week or 2, Ray and Foyt will part ways. I actually hope Ray can hang on for the last 2 races because I know how much racing in Texas means to him. But I have a feeling that we may have seen Greg's last race with Foyt.

AJ wouldn't put Anthony in the #41 in the last 2 races (as a warm-up for next year), would he???
    IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Originally posted by Jimmy Hendricks:

AJ wouldn't put Anthony in the #41 in the last 2 races (as a warm-up for next year), would he???[/QB]
    My best guess is that a new tub is on the way for just that purpose. He isn't going to give him something ray has dogged out against the fence.

I can't imagine AJ not giving the kid a shot in Texas, of all places. It's too perfect.

Some people are predicting that Ray will be gone by then, so AJ will have the resources to do it. besides, the cars are junk after Texas anyway. May as well let the kid break it and get it out of his system. He's going to do it sometime, so do it now while the car isn't worth anything.
    "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

I'll post what I said during IRL chat during the race Sunday after Gregs crash,

AJ's probably had to put cattle down that were in better shape than Ray's driving record this season.

[ August 27, 2002: Message edited by: trac-champ ]

[ August 27, 2002: Message edited by: trac-champ ]
      Trump, he's one of the nicest, most decent human beings possibly ever to walk the planet..

Comment

I don't see anyway Greg is back. Unsure if he will even be back in the IRL next year.

Comment

The Ray/Foyt pairing is as big of a disaster as the Fisher/Walker one was.

Comment

He's out.

Comment

Well it didn't take the week or 2 I was thinking it would, but it happened pretty much like I thought it would.

The rumors I was hearing about GR's job security were too strong not to be true.
              IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Comment

As someone else said, I can't imagine he won't give Ray a ride at Texas. If he has the tubs, why not? They will be coffee tables in a few weeks.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X