Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priestly Will Race Again

Indy Star says so.
    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Even if he weren't to race again, I'm
    happy that he is recovering. I would
    enjoy to see him come back though.
    "Freedom, just around the corner from you,
    With truth so far off what good would it do?"

Bob Dylan- "Jokerman"

Comment

Rev -

On behalf of Defender, let me point out that RPM had the same AP article late this afternoon. So it goes even beyond the Indy Star.

Regardless, glad his injuries will be more a memory than a reminder.

Comment

Once an adreneline junkie, always an adreneline junkie.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog:
          <STRONG>Once an adreneline junkie, always an adreneline junkie.</STRONG>
          Particularly when he has no substantive memory of the accident that put him in Methodist

Get well soon, Jason! Regardless of what Booby Rahal may think, I look forward to you getting back behind the wheel.
          "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

I know the cheerleaders here will flame me, but I thin Jason should hang em up. I dont think he is qualified to be in those cars, something similar happening again is very likely. Its a nice story about an actor wanting to be a race car driver, but lets face it the guy is no Steve McQueen.

Comment

Good luck Jason

Hope to see you soon.
              Tara was the name of our cat.

Comment

He was good enough or famous enough for Team Kelley to pay him to race. He must have some skills.

Other note- Is it true that drivers never remeber bad accidents due to the g-load giving them a concussion?

Comment

OK, this is going to sound rough, but don't take it personally, ok?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by OutKast:
                  "I know the cheerleaders here will flame me, but I think Jason should hang em up."

It's his decision.

"I dont think he is qualified to be in those cars,"

I don't think you are qualified to make that judgment. Please, nothing personal.

"... something similar happening again is very likely."

It can happen to any driver on the grid of any series in the world except the SCGT Mastersoffline championship. Even then, you can get carpal-tunnel. Check it out. Joe Stogie is a real race drivin' stud, baby!
                  http://mastersofsportscargt.tripod.com/

"Its a nice story about an actor wanting to be a race car driver,"

It's a story about a respected and accomplished actor/director who walked away from it all to commit himself to his passion.

Really, say you hit the powerball tomorrow. You aren't going to buy a ride somewhere? I would be there with bells on (no, let's not start THAT again ) Jason is a car guy and speed nut like all of us. Anyone who says they wouldn't grab the first chance they had is not being honest.

"but lets face it the guy is no Steve McQueen."

yeah, steve was a really special case. But he played with cars his whole life and had a special touch. it is unfortunate his career, for one reason or another, didn't develop, or wasn't allowed to. Another thread, perhaps on the SC forum.

But even Paul Newman wouldn't have earned our respect as a racer unless he got out there. Jason was out there and what happened to him just happens. Paul and steve could have both died in crashes, especially Steve when filming 'LeMans."

If John Barnhard wants to renew Jason's license, I think he is the best judge.
                  "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Originally posted by Maddog:

Other note- Is it true that drivers never remeber bad accidents due to the g-load giving them a concussion?[/QB]
                    there is also some psychological phenomenon that isn't clearly understood where the brain shuts down the memory as a defense mechanism. johnny rutherford doesn't remember his 1980 (or so) Pheonix crash and he wasn't even knocked out, so there was no concussion, at least not that time. The brain knows that johnny is a racecar driver, and protects the future of that by deleting the accident from memory. Or something like that. kit is not fully understood, but then, neither are cart fans . Oh, shut up! I used a smiley!
                    "Is that my *** that I smell burning?" ... Helmet Stogie from "Death spasms of the Mabuchi"

Comment

Nicely said, Doc. Thanks for saving me the trouble.
                      "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

Thanks for the info Doc.

Comment

ahhhhh, darn. sorry, poor computer skills is the culprit again!

[ August 27, 2002: Message edited by: Doc Austin ]

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X