Track Side Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track Side Live

I believe that I read somewhere on here that TSL was supposed to only report the news and confirm the "rumors" before posting them. If this is true, wouldnt that give a little more stability to the Unser-Kelley rumor?

Rumors are still rumors. But, for Matt to post something like this, he has to be hearing it from some pretty good sources. These are well above barroom talk and speculation.
    We flipped our finger to the King of England
    Stole our country from the Indians
    With god on our side and guns in our hands
    We took it for our own!

Comment

I say if you're Delphi, and the most recognized name in American open wheel becomes available, you say, "Get Him".
      Get your head out of your past!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinder-Tank:
        <STRONG>I say if you're Delphi, and the most recognized name in American open wheel becomes available, you say, "Get Him".</STRONG>
        But the "rumor" is about Al Unser Jr., not Michael Andretti.

M.Andretti and J.Vasser ... at 39 and 36, STILL the best American open-wheel has to offer.

Comment

<STRONG>I say if you're Delphi, and the most recognized name in American open wheel becomes available, you say, "Get Him".</STRONG>
          Absolutely, plus adding Al would give Delphi a legitimate chance of seeing their sidepods in victory lane, instead of strewn about the retaining wall come May.

Comment

Originally posted by UnserJrFan:
            <STRONG>I believe that I read somewhere on here that TSL was supposed to only report the news and confirm the "rumors" before posting them. If this is true, wouldnt that give a little more stability to the Unser-Kelley rumor?</STRONG>
            When we send out information at TSL you can guarantee there are multiple sources - we have a pretty good record but we are not perfect.

We do not deal in pure speculation, if we did we could be having a lot of fun this off season

In sending this out it was acknowledged that Ray made a trip to Kelley garage last week and it was expected that this race would die.

This TSL message also included that we had recently heard Unser Jr. could be back with Galles with some level of sponsorship from Bud.

The Ray out/Unser Jr. in rumor has not died though. It came back with a new source from a new angle.

This rumor may not die until the Test in the West at this rate.

Comment

oh mesquite, please. it's been a long day. you do get my point, don't you?
              Get your head out of your past!!!

Comment

<STRONG>oh mesquite, please. it's been a long day. you do get my point, don't you?</STRONG>
                Yessum Grinder ... I'm having one of those myself.
                M.Andretti and J.Vasser ... at 39 and 36, STILL the best American open-wheel has to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquite-crk:
                  <STRONG>

But the "rumor" is about Al Unser Jr., not Michael Andretti.

</STRONG>
                  Exactly.

It would appear that Delphi is more interested in a driver capable of winning the Indy 500.

Twice.

Center Grove Trojans
                  2008 5A Football State Champs
                  2015 6A Football State Champs
                  2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                  2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Detector:
                    <STRONG>

It would appear that Delphi is more interested in a driver capable of winning the Indy 500.

Twice.

</STRONG>
                    So why is AUJ having such a hard time finding a ride. Seems the 2 Indy wins would count for something ... NOT !!

In the meanwhile Mikey is set not only for a full-season run in CART, but for another Indy try as well. Seems like his performance does count for something ... And who's the younger of the two ???

Comment

<STRONG>

So why is AUJ having such a hard time finding a ride. Seems the 2 Indy wins would count for something ... NOT !!
                      </STRONG>
                      Ask Budweiser.

Mikey's set because he's the only recognizable American driver in CART.

Uh-oh. I feel myself at the edge of a slippery slope.

Out.
                      Center Grove Trojans
                      2008 5A Football State Champs
                      2015 6A Football State Champs
                      2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
                      2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

<STRONG>

In the meanwhile Mikey is set not only for a full-season run in CART, but for another Indy try as well. Seems like his performance does count for something ... And who's the younger of the two ???

</STRONG>
                        Let's see where Al lands, heck his father had a tough time finding a ride near the tail end of his prime also. If he lands with Kelley, that team will go from having the two drivers with the worst Indy records of any current drivers to having the guy with the best record of any active driver (is Arie active)?

And sure, if I were Delphi, I'd do the same for the guy with the most laps led at Indy for non-winners also.

Comment

I signed up for TSL this past week, how come I didn't get anything sent to me?

Comment

Patience Daniel son.

Comment

Originally posted by dironstarr:
                              <STRONG>I signed up for TSL this past week, how come I didn't get anything sent to me?</STRONG>
                              We updated all the addresses a few days ago. Send us an e-mail with your address again and we'll be sure it isn't entered incorrectly.

[email protected]

Sorry for the mix up.
                              Dan Schlosser
                              Go fast, turn left !
                              www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
                              Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X