#14 Car: Ray, Beechler & Unser Jr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #14 Car: Ray, Beechler & Unser Jr

The #14 car still without a driver, but with Foyt nobody knows...

(But forget Dismore)

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: CRISTAL FAN ]

Texas connections are pretty strong.
    Get your head out of your past!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CRISTAL FAN:
      <STRONG>but with Foyt nobody knows...

</STRONG>
      Now that just may be the understatement of the year!
      While danger ought never to be needlessly incurred, it is yet true that the keenest zest in sport comes from its presence, and from the consequent exercise of the qualities necessary to overcome it. --Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

Beechler...Please...He deserves it after he gave that under powered car good runs last year...give him a full year, decent power, and not having to worry about finishing 5th to get to the next race and he will be a top 5 points challenger and win a race.

Is it May yet ?

Comment

CRISTAL - why was it necessary to toss in the jibe at Dismore?! Totally unecessary and I don't think you can rule him out until you have heard so from A.J. and I don't think you are inside his loop. I think it's great that Eliseo has put together a program that proudly shows his pride in his Chilean heritage. The car and paint scheme looks great. Am I a Salazar fan? Not hardly but I have to give him credit for finding and maintaining funding so that he can contiue to drive.
          Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

Originally posted by damilt:
            <STRONG>CRISTAL - why was it necessary to toss in the jibe at Dismore?! Totally unecessary and I don't think you can rule him out until you have heard so from A.J. and I don't think you are inside his loop. I think it's great that Eliseo has put together a program that proudly shows his pride in his Chilean heritage. The car and paint scheme looks great. Am I a Salazar fan? Not hardly but I have to give him credit for finding and maintaining funding so that he can contiue to drive.</STRONG>
            I'll give CRISTAL the benefit of the doubt that he may have the wrong word. The translation may have lost his true meaning. I won't however do the same for the English speaking TFer's.

Comment

I'm reasonably sure he meant forget Dismore driving for AJ .

As Dismore's name hasn't been connected with Foyt in any rumor I've heard , I'd say CRISTAL's right . Somehow I just don't see Dis and AJ as a fit.
              “With the help of God and true friends, I come to realize
              I still got two strong legs, even wings to fly
              I ain’t wastin’ time no more...”

Comment

Plus, I'd bet that Diz isn't too keen on Salazar after last season.
                "But another icy Indiana winter will come and go and before we know it, springtime returns and it will be May and the roar of engines will once again breathe life into the lazy Hoosier sky and bring us back together." -- Sid Collins

Comment

Originally posted by ZenMan:
                  <STRONG>Plus, I'd bet that Diz isn't too keen on Salazar after last season.</STRONG>
                  I wouldn't be and but I would the same with Dare.

Comment

Without losing anything in translation, I'll say it: forget Dismore. Mark's days of getting a full-time IRL ride are over unless he brings significant funding. Mark's best bet would be to look for a good car for an Indy one-off.
                    "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

Man, open your eyes...
                      Even Salazar is better than Mark.

Look his results in all the IRL:
                      1996 – 31
                      1997 – 17
                      1998 – 15
                      1999 – 4
                      2000 – 8
                      2001 - 14

Only 1 time in the top 5...

Comment

Eliseo Salazar Stats:

1996 – 25 (Simon Team) suffered a serious accident (Missed 2 of 3 Races)
                        1997 – 9 (Simon Team!!)
                        1998 – 29(Riley & Scott) suffered a serious accident (Missed 6 Races)
                        1999 – 20 (Nienhouse)
                        2000 – 4 (Foyt)
                        2001 – 5 (Foyt)

[ January 23, 2002: Message edited by: CRISTAL FAN ]

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X