Series sponsor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series sponsor

Rumor has it that the IRL is very close to announcing a series sponsor.

With the high number of participants in the IROC series coming from the IRL, True Value is going to be the sponsor.

The name True Value is a great fit for the league being that the series title will say it all.

"True Value Indy Racing League". The name fits in so well with what this series is all about.

Fingers crossed for a great deal...

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
    "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bozo:
      <STRONG>Rumor has it that the IRL is very close to announcing a series sponsor.

With the high number of participants in the IROC series coming from the IRL, True Value is going to be the sponsor.

The name True Value is a great fit for the league being that the series title will say it all.

"True Value Indy Racing League". The name fits in so well with what this series is all about.</STRONG>
      Actually Bozo, True Value was heavily associated with the IRL in the early years. Going as far as sponsoring the Texas race if I remember correctly.
      We flipped our finger to the King of England
      Stole our country from the Indians
      With god on our side and guns in our hands
      We took it for our own!

Comment

True Value was a sponsor of the league (not primary) in 96 and then pulled out. They are the official tool of NASCAR and IROC.

Do they have the money to be the SERIES sponsor?

markbilek
        http://www.drivechicago.com

Comment

TruServe is the "world's largest family in the hardware business."

in 1997 True Value merged with ServiStar/Coast to Coast retailers. They have 7,000 retailers worldwide.

Basically these guys cannot compete with Lowes, Home Depot, or Menards. Now Ace is making a revival and they compete with them for that smaller store appeal - franchising.

Sounds to me like the Pepboys of hardware.

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: Mista Bone ]

Comment

Isn't True Value (corporate) bankrupt or close to it? I thought I remember some major lawsuits 1-2 years ago involving franchise owners who discovered that post-merger (True Value and ServiStar) that their shares, once each valued at many hundreds of thousands of dollars, were now worth mid-five figures.

Comment

Originally posted by mbilek:
              <STRONG>True Value was a sponsor of the league (not primary) in 96 and then pulled out. They are the official tool of NASCAR and IROC.

markbilek</STRONG>
              I am pretty sure that Sears Craftsman is the official tool of NASCAR (along with CART and the NHRA)

Comment

Sorry,
                official hardware store.

Also, Coors and IMS just annouunced an extension of the Pit Stop Challenge and Official Beer.

Setting the table for a series sponsor?
                http://www.drivechicago.com

Comment

I heard the sponsor was going to be J.D. Ridebuyer,,,,WHOOOOOHAAAAAAAA!!!!
                  Get your head out of your past!!!

Comment

I KNOW FOR A FACT that it will not be............K-Mart!!!!!

Comment

For a short period of time at the end of last year, Northern Light had the Indy Racing Coors Light Series on their IRL page.
                      I wish I knew - Dennis "Cutty" Wise

When its game time, it's pain time! - Terrible Terry Tate

Comment

Kool-Aid should be considered a suitable sponsor as well.

Comment

You had better hope that True Value is NOT announced as the official sponsor of the league. Thay are teetering on bankruptcy and cannot even pay thier shareholder's dividends they owe them. If TG took thier money and announced them as a sponsor I would rank that right up there as a Heitzler type move. People, you need to pray that they are not the sponsor.

The Coors announcement today kind of end-runs any Budweiser announcement.
                          Have attended: Indy 500 (36), Belle Island (3), Kentucky (4), St Pete (3), Homestead (1), Texas (2) Michigan (5), Cleveland (3), Iowa (6), Chicagoland (5), IRP (2), Eldora (3)...

Comment

Originally posted by damilt:
                            <STRONG>You had better hope that True Value is NOT announced as the official sponsor of the league. Thay are teetering on bankruptcy and cannot even pay thier shareholder's dividends they owe them. If TG took thier money and announced them as a sponsor I would rank that right up there as a Heitzler type move. People, you need to pray that they are not the sponsor.

The Coors announcement today kind of end-runs any Budweiser announcement.</STRONG>

True on the Truserve troubles. Much of the reason for True Value's participation in racing was that Dan Cotter was the CEO. He would be half of Bignotti Cotter that won the 500 in 83 with Tom Sneva and the head of Cotter and Company the former parent of True Value. He has retired so any sponsorship has to be a proven business decision (corporate) and not just good and fun.

If Truserve was in good shape it would be a great series sponsor but their besides their distribution problems they face too much competition from Lowe's, Home Depot and Menard's to be a force.
                            "You can't arrest those guys, they're folk heroes"
                            "They're criminals"
                            "Well most folk heroes started out as criminals"

Comment

Word is the new sponsor will be announced later today. Word is that it will be a big suprise, so I will let you all in on it now.

The Indy Racing League sponsored by CHIA PET.

In coordination, they will sell a complete line of Indy Car Chia Pets. You won't know which car you have till you water it, and the leaves start coming out. "Hey Mom, it's Greg Ray"!. Kids will trade them like we used to trade baseball cards.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X