Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDM to have Carlson in car at Homestead

Thanks Dave,
    You should see Tyce in our car at Homestead.
    Michael
    PDM Motorsports
    This E-mail came across today.

[ February 14, 2002: Message edited by: irlrules98 ]
    Third Gen Indy Fan

Will Tyce be in the car for more races and will PDM be around for the entire season?
    Team KELLEY ROCKS! Get well soon Jason! Three in top ten at KY. Way to go Scott, Al, and Tony!

Comment

So T bone will be in a car but no Al Unser Jr? Wierd///
      Get your head out of your past!!!

Comment

I am THRILLED Tyce has a ride. I certaily hope it develops into a full-season ride. He is very deserving and a really great person! Way to go, Tyce!!
        In Memory of Brian Hall (Brian's Wish) - Racing for Kids - Dreyer & Reinbold Racing

Cheever's still "My Guy"

"How's this for a political platform? Don't lie or cover-up!"

Comment

Michael, thanks for the update. I enjoyed the "Life on the Road" articles on www.indyracing.com the past couple of weeks. Good luck to PDM in 2002!

Comment

Lessee... when did PDM have their best success?

When they had Hornish in the car.

So who do they put in the car?

Tyce "never finished on the lead lap" Carlson.

Great move, PDM.
            http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Go TYCE! I got a favorite back! With it looking like no Sarah this year, glad to start with Tyce back in a seat, even if for a couple of races.

TOP 5 TOP 5!

Comment

Tyce is a great ambassador for the league. He is always a great interview and good fun too. ABC/ESPN missed the boat when they didn't offer Tyce a commentary or pit position on their broadcast team.

Another American in the series doesn't hurt the original vision, which, by the way, is still on track.
                I'm dead now.

Comment

Jerry ; "Tyce, how was the car today?"

Carlson "It was just great, Jerry, but I have to go chase some bad guys nows!"

Two fisted, race driving, bounty huntin' man. What a TV series that would make.
                  I'm dead now.

Comment

I don't care if he's the nicest guy in the world. It's not about that.

He's a crummy driver.

He hasn't won a race of any kind in years.

When will some of you folks focus more on the results the drivers simply don't have?
                    http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Great news.

I hope Tyce does well. Like most fans, I want to see him in a decent car before writing him off. We saw glimpses of a good driver in what can not be called great rides, but clearly this is probably his last chance, and is it in a ride that can compete? I hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by mnkywrch:
                        <STRONG>I don't care if he's the nicest guy in the world. It's not about that.

He's a crummy driver.

He hasn't won a race of any kind in years.

When will some of you folks focus more on the results the drivers simply don't have?</STRONG>
                        You know, I'd like to agree with you. The results should matter, and in some cases can break the tie. However, the example that NASCAR provides is that personable and marketable can overcome lousy performance. Why else would drivers like Michael Waltrip and others continue to have solid rides despite futility on the track. It sure would be nice to have both factors going for you (e.g. Helio)

akh

Comment

Originally posted by akh:
                          <STRONG>

However, the example that NASCAR provides is that personable and marketable can overcome lousy performance. Why else would drivers like Michael Waltrip and others continue to have solid rides despite futility on the track. akh</STRONG>
                          Ummmm...today might be the wrong day to use Mikey as an example...
                          "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

In order to get a good ride, you have to prove yourself in a low-budget ride or in a lesser series (see Hornish, J. Lazier, Castro Neves, De Ferran, etc.).

I would be shocked if Carlson ever finishes on the lead lap again in the IRL. His driving talent is very minimal, as evidenced by his on-track performances. I'll give him one thing, he must be one **** of a salesman to keep getting shots.

My question, why doesn't PDM give Hines, Darland, Yeley, etc. this ride to see what they can do.
                            "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

So T bone will be in a car but no Al Unser Jr? Wierd///
                              Tyce brings money, Junior doesn't. What's the question?

(Patiently awaiting standard hdolan onslaught)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X