Did RPM2night just say.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did RPM2night just say.....

that the infiniti pro series is considering running IRP the night before the 500?

[ August 26, 2002: Message edited by: IndyIRLman ]
    IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

He sure did... Very, very

They should run more short tracks, become a 50/50 mix of big and short tracks. Kind of like a modern day Sprint car series. Also, use USF2000 or similar cars to run only on short tracks as a modern midget series.

[ August 26, 2002: Message edited by: cmjc80 ]
    Preserving America's oval track tradition:
    1.New Hampshire, 2.Charlotte, 3.Dover, 4.Disney World, 5.Las Vegas, 6.Atlanta, 7.Gateway, 8.Nazereth, 9.Phoenix, 10.Fontana, 11.Pikes Peak, 12.Michigan.

Comment

Oh boy!!!
      IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

I'm going.

Comment

Originally posted by IndyMJH:
          <STRONG>I'm going. </STRONG>
          I'm there dude!
          IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

Dang it! You beat me to the punch! Oh, and yes, I'll be there!!!

[ August 26, 2002: Message edited by: BuckeyeDave ]
            The important thing in a military operation is victory, not persistence. Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Let us never forget that we were the ones attacked on 9-11 and over 3000 of our people were killed!!!

buckeyedave.blogspot.com

Comment

I'll be the one there complaining about those funny looking cars messing up the flow of a good midget race....

:mad:
              Professor Joe
              Lost in Indy

"So many of these guys know how to preserve their tires, how to handle traffic and how to win a race. They really deserve to be in Indy cars." - Bob East

Comment

They have run the FF2000 cars with the USAC Midgets for the Night Before the 500 show many times. This is a natural fit IMHO. This will also make it a lot easier to chase local sponsorship which up to now was a lost proposition to the teams and drivers searching for funding for a Pro Series program.

They need to run IRP twice a year in fact. There are many companies who could justify IPS programs if they had more local exposure. Since the TV deal is virtually nonexistent the teams need to rely on face to face involvement. Two shows in Indy would go along ways toward helping these drivers and teams put together viable deals.
                Dan Schlosser
                Go fast, turn left !
                www.tracksideonline.com

"Count all your blessings, just don't keep score...."
                Mark "Hoot" Marchetti

Comment

Originally posted by gofastturnleft:
                  <STRONG>

They need to run IRP twice a year in fact. There are many companies who could justify IPS programs if they had more local exposure. Since the TV deal is virtually nonexistent the teams need to rely on face to face involvement. Two shows in Indy would go along ways toward helping these drivers and teams put together viable deals.</STRONG>
                  This is a GREAT point!
                  IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

Pull the wing's off,,, add an extra 300HP,,, and hand them the green...I will go to that one,,, if I have to swim to the mainland...

I see where RW's buddie told him,,, it cost 35 to 50 thousand dollars a race... That sounds a little light... But that race at IRP,,, that will cost a 100+ thousand dollars for the night... But it might be a good one...

[ August 26, 2002: Message edited by: BigWheelHawaii ]

Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

and miss the little 500?
                      "Living well is the best revenge"

George Herbert

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Joe:
                        <STRONG>I'll be the one there complaining about those funny looking cars messing up the flow of a good midget race....

:mad:</STRONG>
                        Joe,,, I lead with my emotions... You are right... Evey year I went to Indy,,, I would tell my travel mates,,, that the IRP midget show,,, would be the best race of the weekend... And it alway's was... Indy's great,,, but IRP is a better show... Or a better race,,, period... This will screw the show up,,, period end of story...

But it will sure turn a lot of "Cash to Trash"...

Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

Chop about a foot or two of their wheel base and they might be able to put on a show???
                          aXe
                          Born Again Race Fan seen at
                          www.openwheelracers3.com

Comment

Ed Carpenter tested there today
                            SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                            " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Joe:
                              <STRONG>I'll be the one there complaining about those funny looking cars messing up the flow of a good midget race.... :mad:</STRONG>
                              Well I went out to IRP on the night before the 500 this year and besides being freezing which I can not blame on IRP I was surprised and disappointed that they had stock cars there.

I personally would love to see a show that had the midgets, sprints, ff-2000 and IPS.

Thats all........ Nothing else. No fenders and no roofs.

Outlaw

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X