rpm 2night live at IRP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rpm 2night live at IRP

rpm 2night is live at IRP for the U.S. Nationals, so expect the coverage to be dragr racing focused all week. There still will be the normal hosts of analysts, with Kenny Wallace Monday, Vince Welch Tuesday, and Robin Miller Wednesday.

Well, all but the part about Robin Miller.
    Center Grove Trojans
    2008 5A Football State Champs
    2015 6A Football State Champs
    2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
    2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Thanks, bodellg. I assume you'll be staying on top of the Cheever/Scheckter soap opera as well.

Have fun in Indy!
      "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Aloha Bod,,,

I can't wait,,, Indy is the biggest new's in racing this week...

I not going to get off on a rant here,,, but you folk's have made a big improvement on the show...

I want to see Big Daddy,,,the Greek,,, Cha Cha,,, and Jungle Jim...

I know the show and ESPN are moving in the right direction... And that's an improvement...

[ August 26, 2002: Message edited by: BigWheelHawaii ]
        Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Your Grandfather was a friend of Roger Penske,,,

Your Grandfather did business with Roger Penske,,, but

Your Grandfather never trusted Roger Penske,,,

Comment

Originally posted by BigWheelHawaii:
          [QB]
          I want to see Big Daddy,,,the Greek,,, Cha Cha,,, and Jungle Jim...
          [QB]
          Jungle Jim, may he rest in peace.

Is the Greek still kicking?
          Houston, the weasel has landed.

Comment

Originally posted by Weasel Boy:
            <STRONG>

Jungle Jim, may he rest in peace.

Is the Greek still kicking?</STRONG>
            He is and he is entered. Mr. Karamesines is car #323TF.
            "I now have only good days and great days."

Lance Armstrong...Cancer Survivor and four time champion of the Tour de France.

Comment

bodellg

not sure this is the greatest idea or not, as I'm not positive that everyone can act like adults, but how about at least suggesting some kind of a live chat with the "management" folks on your side with the "viewers" on this side?

Not a complaint session, but rather a dialog about ideas - things they are doing well and things that could be improved. ANd a chance to "explain" some of the common mis-perceptions.

Just a thought, probably "naive" and might not work but it'd at least seem worth a try . . .

And thanks for the continued updates despite the occaisonal "roasting". Do we need to send you a new set of fireproof undershorts?

Comment

220:
                I have offered to discuss RPM on this site in the past via a session and was told it can not be done.
                If the moderator would get in touch with me, I would be more than happy to discuss RPM and other topics with the fine fans at Trackforum

Comment

I had a nice conversation with "The Man" at Gateway, and he explained some of the reasoning behind the programming decisions.

The guys with the big chain saws and axes get better ratings than IRL replays. The steroid stuffers carrying ship anchors probably do too. It's an easy decision for the guy calling the shots.

As for RPM2nite, facts are the IRL gets more and better coverage than in the past. If everyone seems to be satisfied with steady attendance growth, why the heart attack when the TV exposure does the same?

Finally, give the guy a break. He likes his job, he likes the IRL, and he likes us (well, except for one guy ). If you have to incessantly beyootch about the show or programming, howabout finding someone else to harangue? The constant noise has alienated the staff of the show.

Heck, even your psycho ex girlfriend went away after being treated like that. And you do remember thinking she would never leave, hmmmmmm?

[ August 26, 2002: Message edited by: rrrr ]

Comment

Originally posted by Straightliner:
                    <STRONG>

He is and he is entered. Mr. Karamesines is car #323TF.</STRONG>

He always refused to paint his car because it added something like 30lbs of weight.

Comment

Originally posted by

220mph:
                      <STRONG>

I'm not positive that everyone can act like adults, but how about at least suggesting some kind of a live chat with the "management" folks on your side with the "viewers" on this side?

)</STRONG>
                      BINGO,,,, 220 MPH,,, what a great idea...

I been very critical,,, but John's alway been a gentleman,,, even when I called him a Rookie... I am not going to forget that... He's a professional,,,and a gentleman...

So many "expert's" here,,, and so little real information...

I am sure RPM is rating based,,, just like rest of the TV industry... NASCAR is King... Look at Speed,,, they put,,,???,,, some NASCAR based show,,, right up against RPM... Why,,,duh...

Was RPM,,, CART slanted for some time ??? I am not even going here,,, on this post... I want this post positive... There's been a change,,, that's enough for me... Right now...

Maybe on Pal Talk,,, with voice and typing chat.... With a good fair moderator,,, to screen questions... Someone like you,,,or Racewriter...

With an open mind,,, I just bet RPM programing is rating based,,, and try's to improve every week...

[ August 26, 2002: Message edited by: BigWheelHawaii ]
                      Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Comment

rpm2nite --

a regular conversation could be had by simply starting a "talk with us about rpm2nite here" thread.

you're gonna have the folks who can't be civil or who want to relentlessly hammer particular issues but on the whole a good converation CAN be had.

There are also a number of places that a live "chat" could be setup and then "advertised" here at TrackForum.

personally I like the threaded concept like here as a conversation can be ongoing and can include everyone, not just those who are available at the time of the live chat.

perhaps we could prevail upon the good moderators here to exercise a very firm set of rules for a particular thread on this subject, prohibit "attacks" but encourage discussion (yes I know thats what we are supposed to do normally, but with this subject the "passions" seem to get in the way).

I don't believe for a minute that our "partner" ABC/ESPN purposely attempts or conspires to deliver a poor or substandard product. An opportunity to hear the inside details on why things sometimes happen (like the poor announcers being discouraged from looking outside and having to watch a little monitor all while numerous insane people talk, sometimes shout, in their ears ) and a chance to express meaningful, and appropriately respectful, constructive criticism.

How about it doitagain and rev-ed? Could we, if rpm2nite consents, have a thread you'd apply a little "firmer" oversite with?

And thansk for the quick response rpm2nite.

Comment

Originally posted by rpm2night:
                          <STRONG>220:
                          I have offered to discuss RPM on this site in the past via a session and was told it can not be done.
                          If the moderator would get in touch with me, I would be more than happy to discuss RPM and other topics with the fine fans at Trackforum</STRONG>
                          rpm - check your PMs.
                          "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

I sure will help,,, if I can...

I will set up an account on Pal Talk,,, but we need a fair,,, courteous,,, knowledgeable mod,,, to over see the session...

I use Pal Talk with a couple of pilot group's I am on,,, work's great even with a dial up... Let me know...
                            Yes,,, Yes,,, Tony,,,

Comment

rrrr and I had a good talk Sunday with JohnK at Gateway. We now know why certain things happen and for what reason. Glad I could help with the phone number guys
                              SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                              " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X