Noda passes rookie test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noda passes rookie test

According to Indyracing.com, Hideki Noda passed his IRL rookie test at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. He ran 81 laps with a top lap at 205.7 MPH.

FYI, Kruseman passed his test at LVMS with PDM in a similar amount of laps with a top speed of 207 and change.
    IRL 2009: "Cars you can't see, driven by drivers you have never heard of, on a network you don't get"

"I'd hire your grandmother, if she brought a budget"- Bankrupt Indy Car team owner Tyler Tadevic, to Curt Cavin in December, on the tough standards he looks for when "hiring" driver talent.

Didn't they test the same day?

Has Barnhart approved any of the new guys in traffic yet. I don't think I've heard anything official. . .
    "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

Life ain't fair!

These guys get their license for going over 200; me, I'd get thrown in the slammer! :mad:
      "I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson

RIP, Dan. You will always be one of my heroes.

Comment

Honest question:

Has there ever been (in the IRL) a driver that didn't pass the test ??

I only ask because in the past month and a half I've seen everyone from a shift-karter to 2 lower formula guys (all whom never had superspeedway experience before) pass their rookie test.
        M.Andretti and J.Vasser ... at 39 and 36, STILL the best American open-wheel has to offer.

Comment

Originally posted by mesquite-crk:
          <STRONG>Honest question:

I only ask because in the past month and a half I've seen everyone from a shift-karter to 2 lower formula guys (all whom never had superspeedway experience before) pass their rookie test.</STRONG>
          Once again I submit...didn't Chris Pook flunk his rookie test.

Comment

Meyer didn't pass his test a week or two ago. There have been others.
            "If TF members were given solid gold cars, some would complain about the color." - stnkypete

Comment

....I believe it was David Pook.......

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Moore:
                <STRONG>....I believe it was David Pook.......</STRONG>
                Whoops

Comment

Originally posted by mesquite-crk:
                  <STRONG>Honest question:

I only ask because in the past month and a half I've seen everyone from a shift-karter to 2 lower formula guys (all whom never had superspeedway experience before) pass their rookie test.</STRONG>
                  Quite a few actually. But, they don't put out press releases when someone FAILS the test.

I've noticed the approvals given lately have been VERY tentative. Seems guys are getting conditional approval until Brian can see them in traffic. Good approach IMO.
                  We flipped our finger to the King of England
                  Stole our country from the Indians
                  With god on our side and guns in our hands
                  We took it for our own!

Comment

Nodas picture is on the Indy Racing web site. I've never seen a blond Japenese perso before
                    SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
                    " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

Me either, what's a "Japenese perso"? Is that in response to Europe's Euro?

Comment

Who is Hideki Noda...

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan:
                          <STRONG>Who is Hideki Noda...</STRONG>
                          Finished 16th at the Chili Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by hdolan:
                            <STRONG>Who is Hideki Noda...</STRONG>
                            Didn't do as well in Japanese feeder series as Shiggy.
                            "It was actually fun, because you're back fully driving again in these trucks. Ninety percent of the tracks we go to in the IRL, you're flat-out. I was having to lift off the corners some here." - Buddy Rice

Comment

An F1 guy, placed there by an engine manufacturer from Japan, not Nissan/Infiniti, but that could be a possibility! Based on what I saw, IRL teams should be lining up outside the TWR shop as we speak, with say 6-8 teams, parts and engines shouldn't be a problem. Now if the shrapnel from blown engines doesn't cause electrical problems...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X