Really cool technology for race broadcasts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really cool technology for race broadcasts

How many of you have seen the trick NBC is using in the Olympic skiing? The one where they can superimpose 2 skiers in one frame to show where one loses or gains time on the other. I think this could be awesome for race and qualifying broadcasts. Showing different lines through a corner, differences in driving style, etc. Maybe even use it to overlap 2 pit stops by the same team to SHOW how much faster or slower they were. If it isn't proprietary, I sure hope ABC/ESPN (and for that matter Speed Channel/CBS/Fox) pick up on it.

akh

They did use this same technology for Indy 500 qualifying last year. It was very interesting to see how a minor change in your line going into a corner really affects your lap times.

Comment

I think ABC used similar technology last year during Indy 500 qualifying. I remember them comparing Arie's line on his last lap to his first 3 laps.
      "You make one **** of a caucasian Jackie." The Dude Lebowski

Comment

what they said
        If the league is not going to shift their stance on the fees I would imagine all of the ovals would start being replaced by "chamber of commerce financially supported" TV infomercials dressed up like a car race for different city centers across the USA.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X