X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pook: Pro-IRL Media bias

From RPM Chat with Chris Pook.

Shaun Coleman: How can the fans of CART help the series prosper

Chris Pook: (1:30 PM ET ) 1. Continuing to support us. And 2. When the media do not provide fair reporting and conveniently leave out facts -- challenge them.

Chris Pook: (1:32 PM ET ) A good example was the Indianapolis TV media last night failed to report the huge crowd in Montreal for the first race their. They just gave the results and then in the coverage of the IRL in St. Louis, the inference was it was a most succesful day in spite of only drawing a very few number of people. The fans cannot underestimate how powerful they are and how their voices do count.

All we are asking for is fairness in the media.

In a prior post, Pook stated that Milwaukee was a good crowd and Chicago was "respectable" . What was that about fairness and conveniently leaving facts out? The question related to what can fans do to help CART prosper and Pook takes shots at the IRL, big surprise. Some here question why IRL fans are obsessed with the other series. It seems as if Mr. Pook can't get two sentences out without mentioning (degrading) the IRL.

Wait... CART is whining about "fairness" in the media.

Hey Chris - what's the closest race CART has to those Indianapolis stations? What's the closest IRL race to those Indianapolis stations?

What's next - complaints about the Buffalo, NY media coverage?
    http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

And.... He was asked if he "brings a hammer to work every day" he said : I do not. And I do not practice trying to put other people out of business.

Yeah right... Sure... We belive ya there Pukester, woops, I mean Pookster

[ August 26, 2002: Message edited by: Jay J ]

Comment

BTW, the attendance at Montreal was claimed by Pook to be 174,000 for the weekend. Got to be disappointed that it fell short of a quarter mil.

Comment

I watch RPM for race results, not gate results. Pook is reachin'.
          ...---...

Comment

Just wait til Formula 1 races at IMS this September. Pook will say anthing to get attention.

Comment

Somebody tell Pookzler that it boils down to credibility. After his lies about Milwaukee & Cleveland attendance and his misrepresentation about TV ratings...he has no credibility left.
              Center Grove Trojans
              2008 5A Football State Champs
              2015 6A Football State Champs
              2011 Track State Champs

Center Grove Jr. Trojans
              2014, 2015 & 2017 IEFA State Champs

Comment

Poor Pookie was priceless(kinda like MPH )

I felt so bad for the guy, I just had to change my sig. line.
                "IRL" ... what IS that anyway?

J. Michael Ringham
                Vice President, Marketing
                IndyCar® Series Indy Pro Series

www.jonescams.com yankeegoback.com

Comment

Hey,Pook agrees with me,although he wants the fans to challenge the media while I want Pook's[lack of]credibility challenged.

They[CART]always try to pass themselves off as the defenseless child,arms uplifted,looking for a helping hand from the ''darkside.''
                  ...the spice must flow.....

Comment

The IRL has finally overcome the media -- now Pookzler is whining about the media!!

The guy is desparate!!!

I wonder what the "senior" drivers in CART have to say about the "retirement" comments.

Montreal was a great event. To me, it only shows that having a F1 race for over 20 years teaches the promotor on how to do things right and have a great event.

They would have had a great crowd with the promotion they did if they were racing golf carts.

[ August 26, 2002: Message edited by: tripper ]
                    Being sued for $2.1 BILLION is a serious problem!!

Comment

Y'know, pook is right.

Last weekend the Indy media covered the NFL's preseason games with highlights from the events and news about the participants without ever stating that the Rams outdrew the Colts and therefore, obviously put on the better football "event". Such a slight will not go without comment from me anymore.

If I don't get estimated/exaggerated 3-day attendance numbers first, I'll ignore everything else about the reporting.

Poor, poor, mistreated cart....

Comment

Why can't he say good things about CART, why is it always a bad mouth to anything that isn't CART. Mikey, must be boiling if he's read this. Mike A. is an old man? Burn a bridge Pooky.
                        sa

Comment

Originally posted by stan:
                          <STRONG>Why can't he say good things about CART, why is it always a bad mouth to anything that isn't CART. Mikey, must be boiling if he's read this. Mike A. is an old man? Burn a bridge Pooky.</STRONG>
                          I agree Stan! Sell your product Pookzler!

Not just burning Mikey's bridge but the ENTIRE back of the grid (well only 9 cars )

I thought he said they had a competitive field, again only 9 cars to me in not competitive!
                          Being sued for $2.1 BILLION is a serious problem!!

Comment

OK, I'll come clean. I did it. I asked the hammer question. I'm surprised they used it...and more surprised by his answer. I was down at 16th and Georgetown just the other day and I swear I could hear someone pounding nails, not very fast, just steady...

Who do you suppose he was referring to when he mentioned "senior ones (drivers) who qualify in the back part of the grid" moving to the IRL for "retirement"?

Comment

Originally posted by CCFirebird:
                              <STRONG>Who do you suppose he was referring to when he mentioned "senior ones (drivers) who qualify in the back part of the grid" moving to the IRL for "retirement"?</STRONG>
                              All the current CART owners who, when pressed to make a commitment to field a CART team next year, responded with: "I'll have to get back to you on that one, Chris".
                              "Now, for some of you it doesn't matter. You were born rich and your going to stay rich. But here's my advice to the rest of you: Take dead aim on the rich boys. Get them in the crosshairs and take them down." -- Edward Blume

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X