Tomas Scheckter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomas Scheckter

After reading through the threads about Tomas today I've realized that for the most part, people here are obviously anti-Tomas.

Now, I'm fairly new to the IRL. I've only seriously followed it for a few years other than watching the Indy 500 every year.

The question I have is this, why is there so much anti-Tomas sentiment here??? I guess I see a young driver with a ton of potential that has definately made his share of mistakes in his rookie year but given some time to polish his skills, I see him as a championship caliber driver.

I've been a fan of Team Cheever ever since I started watching the IRL and I'm awfully disappointed in the turn of events this weekend between Tomas and Team Cheever. Thankfully, it looks like Buddy Rice is more than capable of keeping Team Cheever cars up front where they belong.

Oh well, just blowing off some steam after the weekend....
    "This sport needs to go back to simpler times, go back to racing for what it is. It's all about entertainment now instead of racing. It seems we're getting more like WWF wrestling all the time." -- Tony Stewart

I'm not anti-Thomas. I'd like to see more out of him then 1 win, several crashed cars and a did not show up. I would list myself as a cautious supporter of young Mr Scheckter, and to be honest, after the Naz race I wanted nothing more than to punt him out of the league. I belive my Tagline at the time was "Scheckter is a VVanker"

I know some here would rather see the #52 car go to an American Short Track oval driver such as Yeley or Steele, you'll probably get some anti-Scheckter votes from them, but probably not as many as you may have back in March.

I think Tomas needs to go through a spell of not filling Mr. Dallara's pockets and a lot of the naysayers would turn around.
    Delta Force Theme... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQUeQOIlcDM You're Welcome

Comment

My impression is that he's arrogant, immature, disrespectful, and has no intention of making a career out of the IRL. Some may have bought into his comments dissing F1 and CART in favor of the IRL. I see those comments as nothing more than an opportunist saying whatever it is he thinks his audience wants to hear. Just like in his IRL profile for racing hero he said Eddie Cheever. Yeah, right. His dad's a world champion and his racing hero is someone who never won an F1 race (don't take that as a slam against Eddie - I love the guy). That is nothing more than sucking up to the boss. In short, I see through him as if he were a piece of glass. Any opinions I had of him, have been verified IMO by this recent AWOL stunt. The kid needs to grow up, and I'd rather he found a playground other than the IRL to do so.
      "Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate."

2018 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

2018 Long Beach Grand Prix photo gallery

2017 Indianapolis 500 photo gallery

Comment

I like Tomas. He has been cordial to me. He's good for the IRL. I hope Eddie and Tomas kiss and make up. Buddy and Tomas would be an entertaining team w/ the old man thrown in here and there.

Comment

I'm not anti-Tomas either. I am however anti-Tomas's actions this weekend. I will decide if I am anti-Tomas after I hear both sides of the story.
          IRL, Champcar and F1 fan

Comment

I don't deny he's a very talented driver.

But he also comes off like a world-class jerk, in his actions, attitude, and treatment of others.

If that's Tomas bashing, well, it is.
            http://motorsportsblog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by IndyIRLman:
              <STRONG>I'm not anti-Tomas either. I am however anti-Tomas's actions this weekend. I will decide if I am anti-Tomas after I hear both sides of the story.</STRONG>
              I'm right there with you on this one!

I'll wait until I hear all sides of the story before passing judgement on Tomas.

Comment

Tomas should be arrested for littering. Broken car parts and bits of concrete wall, that is...
                I'm from a place called the internet. Nothing disturbs me.

Comment

RB51, if you go back to the start of the season, I think you'll read alot of great things written around here about Thomas. But, as has been noted above, people have soured due to his apparent attitude toward his team and the league. Then to pull off a stunt like this past weekend, well, I don't think it's gonna look good on his resume.
                  ...---...

Comment

Originally posted by Jay J:
                    <STRONG>
                    I'll wait until I hear all sides of the story before passing judgement on Tomas.</STRONG>
                    I'm certainly with you on that one. There just isn't enough information available to the public yet about what went on to really make a judgement.
                    "This sport needs to go back to simpler times, go back to racing for what it is. It's all about entertainment now instead of racing. It seems we're getting more like WWF wrestling all the time." -- Tony Stewart

Comment

Tomas has an uncanny ability to shoot himself in the foot. He drives to the front, but wrecklessly. You do not pull the kind of stunts that he pulled this weekend. He dumped on the team, the league, his crew, and his fans, the people that gave this kid a chance when nobody else would. All he has done all year is wreck race cars with one win to show for it. The safety issue he raised is a bunch of garbage. Thomas, grow up now or go somewhere else where they appreciate this childishness.

Comment

I think the IRL could use a guy like Sheckter. The league needs a villain. And he's a very good villain. He's someone that elicits emotion.

Some IRL team (like perhaps Menards) needs to pick him up for next year. Wouldn't it be interesting to see Jaques and Tomas on the same team?
                        Griz In Indy

Comment

Originally posted by Griz:
                          <STRONG>I think the IRL could use a guy like Sheckter. The league needs a villain. And he's a very good villain. He's someone that elicits emotion.
                          </STRONG>
                          Just when Eddie decides to wear the black hat.
                          Houston, the weasel has landed.

Comment

Tomas didn't come to work this weekend, that's all that needs to be said!

The car evidently was safe and fast as Buddy finished 4th and didn't hit anything, in fact he hasn't hit anything yet.
                            Have a very blessed day!

Comment

I seriously doubt you will see Schecter and Lazier on the same team. You may see Schecter with Menard, but my guess if you do Lazier will be somewhere else.
                              sa

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X