Did Buddy & DRR Check Out This Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Buddy & DRR Check Out This Weekend

Question, Was the reason Buddy and DRR constantly found themselves at the bottom of the speed charts because they came together so late or is there a missing ingrediant besides $$$$$$$$$?

I would say it is more likely to be the former. I am certain of Buddy's abilities. The engineering expertise available to him is as yet unknown, but it has been suspect in recent years. I will reserve judgement until the guys get to Indy. Barring unforeseen circumstances, I expect that Buddy will drive the car into the hauler if he cannot win rather than tear it up just because the car doesn't have the setup. After a month of testing at Indy, they should have things sorted out and be on the same page. One thing of which I am certain; Buddy will get all the car has to give!
    INDYCAR... Home of the BEST RACING on the planet!

Comment

just gettin used to each other................
      SENسR MODERATOR......

"Better To Be Judged By Twelve Than Carried By Six"
      " Only Those Who Will Risk Going Too Far....Can Possibly Find Out How Far One Can Go "...T.S. Elliot....

Comment

I would imagine 1) they had lots of prep work to do, 2) Buddy may need to knock a little road-racing rust off, 3) they saw no value in attempting to run near the top. It was probably a very productive weekend for the team.

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
        "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

Comment

Originally posted by Racemind
          I would imagine 1) they had lots of prep work to do, 2) Buddy may need to knock a little road-racing rust off, 3) they saw no value in attempting to run near the top. It was probably a very productive weekend for the team.
          Let's hope so for him otherwise it could be a very long season...

Comment

If I'm that team, I'm working on race set-ups, long stints, fuel mileage, and pit stops. It's not like they won't qualify. I'm hopeful that they will show better speed. We shall see....

Comment

There is an interview with Buddy on the IndyCar website now. Buddy stated that some of the team members were literally hired the day before they left for Miami.. and that there was a lot of 'sorting things out' and 'getting to know you' involved. The test was seen as an opportuntiy to learn, not about 'being the fastest today.'
              As I previously stated, IF the team has the engineering, Buddy will be competitive!
              INDYCAR... Home of the BEST RACING on the planet!

Comment

Originally posted by irlracingfan
                There is an interview with Buddy on the IndyCar website now. Buddy stated that some of the team members were literally hired the day before they left for Miami.. and that there was a lot of 'sorting things out' and 'getting to know you' involved. The test was seen as an opportuntiy to learn, not about 'being the fastest today.'
                As I previously stated, IF the team has the engineering, Buddy will be competitive!
                I think that's a pretty big IF.

A bigger question might be what sort of effort is Buddy willing to make IF that engineering isn't there and the team starts to struggle?

Buddy has enjoyed quite a bit of success in his career and he's 38 years old. I can't imagine he'll have much patience if the team isn't up to scratch. I'm a big Lazier fan but it's hard to see this being a smashing success. Hondas didn't do D&R much good last year and now everybody has them.

Comment

Haven't we heard this all before? Buddy can't do it, he's warshed up, can't roadrace...

He's got power again, HE will engineer the car to the front.

Sorry for you who need to doubt Buddy.

Comment

I would've loved to see Buddy in a 3rd Penske car, but I'll take this over nuthin'.

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
                    "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

Comment

Here's the link for the entire conversation with Buddy on indycar.com:

http://www.indycar.com/news/story.php?story_id=6064

Comment

Buddy did pretty well even in cars with boat anchors...one of his last runs with Hemelgarn (Chicago 2003, IIRC) comes to mind, where he was really competitive on the track (not in the pits). Buddy will do fine.
                        "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Saw150
                          Haven't we heard this all before? Buddy can't do it, he's warshed up, can't roadrace...

I don't need to doubt Buddy and I certainly don't want to.

But Buddy is only part of the equation. If the car ain't gonna do it, it ain't gonna do it and I don't care who you are.

Where road racing is concerned it should be noted that come race day Ed Carpenter (NIL road racing experience) was generally going quicker with the Vision Car than Roger Yasukawa (nearly NIL experience EXCEPT for road racing) was in the D&R car.

Something was really amiss in that outfit last year and Yasukawa can't be the entire problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Saw150

We sure have, but he still didn't win last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt Cobain
                              We sure have, but he still didn't win last year.
                              Neither did Tomas Enge who, for all I know, is selling pencils on street corners this year in an effort to get a ride.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎