International Council of Motorsport Safety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Council of Motorsport Safety

According to an article in the Charlotte Observer, the idea behind the International Council of Motorsport Safety is to gather data so the industry can develop safety improvements, so as not to risk regulation from outside authorities. I think this is a GREAT idea, but read this:

From the Charlotte Observer, by Liz Chandler:
    <STRONG>Sid Watkins, chairman of the group that governs the world's premier Formula One racing, said he is appalled at the lack of regulation over much of American racing. Every race, he said, should be run by a sanctioning body that researches and demands tough safety measures to protect drivers and fans.

"If they're not sanctioned, I think they should be declared illegal, and the police should go in and break them up," said Watkins, who co-chaired the safety symposium. "It's rather like gamecock fighting, except more dangerous."
    </STRONG>
    Yeah, I guess that's better than being regulated by people who don't know anything about car racing.
    http://www.charlotte.com/observer/na...safety0121.htm

I think it's safe to say that Sid Watkins is substantially ignorant of the situation in the U.S. However, this is just an example of the kind of fallout that's hovering above our heads thanks to NASCAR's "safety" regime.
    Peter Olivola ([email protected])
    "Too dumb for opera
    too smart for NASCAR"

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X