2006 Indy 500--Very Interesting Storylines:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Indy 500--Very Interesting Storylines:

Two aging veterans come out of retirement to give the greatest race in the world one more shot.

Can Michael Andretti finally win the 500?

Marco Andretti driving with his father in the world's greatest race.

Buddy Lazier in a full-time, competitive ride. He showed how good he was last year. Will he be able to win the world's greatest race for the second time, and remove the (unfair) asterisk that some bitter fans have put next to his name.

The resurgence of Penske and Ganassi now that everybody is on equal horsepower footing. The first real shot Hornish has at winning the 500. Can he change is luck, or will years of having to push underpowered cars beyond their limits make him take unnecessary risks in the race?

Can Wheldon show that he was right to make the move from the best team in the league to a team that is rebuilding?

Can Buddy Rice rebound from a dismal year, and show his impressive 2004 form?

And then there's Danica...will she endure a sophomore slump, or will she be as competitive as she was last year?

Now if the league and ABC will tell all these stories, 2006 will be a success. It has to be about more than Danica. She's part of it, but she isn't the entire thing.

But whatever the case is, I'm really looking forward to this year's race. It promises to be one of the best in years.

Ummm...You forgot Cheever ?!?

Otherwse, YES, it seems to be shaping us quite nicely!

(Take that DOOMERS!)
    Camp and Brew Did Not Make Indianapolis
    It's Indianapolis that made Camp and Brew what it is.

Comment

Cheever was included in my first item (two aging veterans (Cheever and Andretti) coming out of retirement). It's going to be another great race. And it's still the greatest race in the world. It always will be...despite what the D&Gers say.

Comment

Not just Indy...it is shaping up to be a very interesting year. Kinda makes me all gooshy inside...just 33 days till Homestead...

...rubs hands together, cackles maniacally...

Alex Barron. Greg Ray. Jim Guthrie. Richie Hearn. RBM. Tomas Enge. Donnie Beechler. Dave Steele. Bring 'em all back.

...once again, rubs hands together, still cackling maniacally...

2006. Gonna be a great year. Short but sweet.

Buddy. Eddie. Tomas. Ed. Vitor. Sam. Helio. Buddy R. Danica. Paul. Felipe. Sharpie. Kosuke. Scotty D. Drivin' Dan the Fashion Man, aka The Shoe. TK. Bryan. Dario. Marco. Jaques (hopefully.) Maybe more. All with (hopefully) equal motors. Only 14 races, but only three with right turns, and only one of those a street course...

The anticipation is killing me. Fortunately we open at the Motorplex next weekend, so I'll get a fix or two...maybe call Calhoun's radio show a couple times and talk IRLspeak amongst the NASCAR faithful...try to find a used PS2 on ebay and a copy of ICR...maybe finally get Speed Channel and see what I've been missing on Wind Tunnel...

I can live (just) with NASCAR till the day comes, but oh, just 33 days...

It's not just a number. It's a reality.
        You've worked so hard on the kidney. Very special -- the kidney has a very special place in the heart. It's an incredible thing. Donald John Trump

Brian's Wish * Jason Foundation

Comment

Let's just have 29 at Indy this year, ok?

Racemind: Kim Kardashian Indy Watch : Twitter.com/racemind
          "If NASCAR didn't want us to sleep through the race then why did they give us a COT?"

Comment

Am I the only one who would also like to see Little Al come out of retirement to give Indy one more shot and just Al makes his first run.

Outlaw

Comment

One thing I would really really like to see this year is....

The race finishing under GREEN FLAG conditions!

Three out of the last four races have ended under caution. I'm starting to forget what a real finish to the 500 looks like.

Comment

I hope we can add Arie Luyendyk, Jr. to the story lines.

Comment

It's interestesting to US...but not to try to rain on the parade, but I honestly don't think it's enough to grab much outside attention. Danica was interesting last year only because her PR people were big enough to get her some national attention. I think it's time to face facts, we love a niche sport. It's never going to be big again, at least not in our lifetime. NASCAR is racing as far as the majority is concerned. If Indy cars ever start to get close in popularity, I think NASCAR will squash them like a bug.
                  Other than that, I'm looking forward to the upcoming season. Perhaps not with as much anticipation as in the past, but Indy is still number one with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy
                    I would like to see Arie Jr race a the lead up races prior to the 500. Like Marco, he needs the experience.

One possible story of interest in 2006. Will any driver who previously raced for Eddie Cheever have scores to settle? Brian Barnhart better call for a special meeting prior to Homestead.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy
                      No thanhs, this guy might pe populair, but he needs more talent (pure speed) to ake it in the big leagues....

Comment

Originally posted by ThingsThatExplode
                        Not just Indy...it is shaping up to be a very interesting year. Kinda makes me all gooshy inside...just 33 days till Homestead...

...rubs hands together, cackles maniacally...

Alex Barron. Greg Ray. Jim Guthrie. Richie Hearn. RBM. Tomas Enge. Donnie Beechler. Dave Steele. Bring 'em all back.

...once again, rubs hands together, still cackling maniacally...

2006. Gonna be a great year. Short but sweet.

Buddy. Eddie. Tomas. Ed. Vitor. Sam. Helio. Buddy R. Danica. Paul. Felipe. Sharpie. Kosuke. Scotty D. Drivin' Dan the Fashion Man, aka The Shoe. TK. Bryan. Dario. Marco. Jaques (hopefully.) Maybe more. All with (hopefully) equal motors. Only 14 races, but only three with right turns, and only one of those a street course...

The anticipation is killing me. Fortunately we open at the Motorplex next weekend, so I'll get a fix or two...maybe call Calhoun's radio show a couple times and talk IRLspeak amongst the NASCAR faithful...try to find a used PS2 on ebay and a copy of ICR...maybe finally get Speed Channel and see what I've been missing on Wind Tunnel...

I can live (just) with NASCAR till the day comes, but oh, just 33 days...

It's not just a number. It's a reality.
                        33...the same number that is on the bottom of the bottle of Rolling Rock in my hand right now. It's an omen, I tell, an OMEN!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎